News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

NEW TIRES

Started by Lucky, January 05, 2009, 02:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

so whats the consensus for replacement tires for the SuperVenoms?
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

h2olawyer

I don't believe we've come to a consensus on that subject.  I know several people have had good luck with the Dunlop Sport Demons.  The jury is still out on the Road Riders.  Mine developed an odd oscillation that was never present - or at least never noticed - with any other tires I've had on the V.  My next set are going to be either the Dunlops or some Metzeler Lasertecs.  That may be a while, though - the Road Riders are wearing like iron - so far.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

motoracer8

I ran through a set of Bridgestone BT45's, they were ok. I replaced them with some Michelin Mcadams, I liked them, but Michelin quit making the 110 for the rear, I know I could have used a 4.00, but I got a hot deal on some Continental's. Not a lot of miles on them yet so we will see how it goes. The BT45's are the best bang for the buck, the price is right and they are deicent tires. The Michelin's were better handlers, they also cost more. I got about 10,000 miles on the rear of both brands. I use the Michelin's on a older BMW, and a Norton, and they work well on those machines as well. I have a set of Avons on a BSA, but it only gets run at club events, and not very hard at that, so not a good evaluation.

Ken G.
83 Vision and 11 others, Japanese, German and British

Lucky

Quote from: h2olawyer on January 05, 2009, 03:02:32 PM
I don't believe we've come to a consensus on that subject.  I know several people have had good luck with the Dunlop Sport Demons.  The jury is still out on the Road Riders.  Mine developed an odd oscillation that was never present - or at least never noticed - with any other tires I've had on the V.  My next set are going to be either the Dunlops or some Metzeler Lasertecs.  That may be a while, though - the Road Riders are wearing like iron - so far.

H2O
how do they stick? or haven't you had enough riding time?
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

kwells

I think the new avon's are stickier than the SVs
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

jasonm.

I will say , the new Avon front for me. makes for a more comfortable lean. They actually seem to make the bike turn quicker.  I have really healed her over and stability and feedback are very good. I do have a Lasertec in the rear. I do not like the Lasertec in the front...it's a much slower steering tire. The demon as mentioned is Pirelli.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules