News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Motorcycle Insurance

Started by Jay, January 05, 2009, 03:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

I just found out that Diaryland will NOT cover salvage or reconstructed bikes! My 92 Nighthawk 750 has a salvage title and i'm rebuilding it to get the title as reconstructed. I asked for a quote on it, and they said they don't do any reconstructed or salvaged bikes. Talk about a real pisser. So if anyone can reccomend another good insurance company that will write for a reconstructed title, and not be super expensive, that would be greatly appriciated. Thanks!
1982 Yamaha Vision - Restore in progress
1992 Honda Nighthawk CB750 - Salvage Restore
1994 Subaru SVX - Restore in progress
2004 Ford Excursion - Daily driver

vadasz1

Up here in Canada we do pretty well with Kingsway and also Statefarm.  Statefarm is good because they rate by cc and not by bike type.  So a 1000cc supersport will cost the same as a 1000cc Harley, for instance.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Rick G

To my mind classifying the Vision as a sport bike is quite a stretch , Sport bike wannabe is more like it.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

jasonm.

Kwells, There a many classifications of bikes within insurance companies. They use letters or numbers in THEIR guides.  Dairyland uses and A to F scale I believe.
   The Vision should be classified as a standard. My Venture is a tourer. Then you have probably 6-8 more levels of classification.... Much of it based on "loss per 1000 registered". 
  But if you look at your vehicle's true name...it's an XZ550RJ or RK. Notice the "R" stands for "racing" model these days. Such as the GSXR or FZR or CB1000RR And Dairyland decided to use new model name info on an old model like ours.  You have an "R" in the model name of your bike....your screwed.  At least that's how Dairyland liked to play.
   It's not simple how they classify bikes. Some are more fair than others.
The Vision was raced in the early 80's in the endurance championships and was sponsored by Yamaha.
It won...
:D
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules