Ontario Spring Ride(OnROV)

Started by Tiger, January 09, 2006, 06:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night Vision

squid- not sure which way I'd be coming. There is/was a high speed ferry out of Rochester, NY that goes/went to Toronto?

Don't know if they are still running that or if the City sold the boat

Thanks for the offer, I'll "cross that bridge" when the time gets closer
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Brian_Matthewson

The Rochester-Toronto went belly up (again) a few months ago.
Brian
1982 Vision rider from 1991 to 2012.

Tiger

:) Ladies and Gentlemen? ::) , to-day I have sent this e-mail to Yamaha Motors Canada ;
Hi Guys,
I am presently organising our "Riders of Vision"(Ontario)Spring ride.Weather permitting,it will be held on Saturday,22nd April 2006.We will have (approx') fourteen 1982/1983,road worthy Yamaha XZ550 Visions in attendance.Riders will be coming in from;Kingston,Trenton,Owen Sound,Sarnia,St.Thomas,Shomberg,Erin,the GTA & 1 / 2 from the northern U.S. I would be interested to know if Yamaha Canada would be willing to organise a welcome,of some sorts,for these ardent enthusiasts who wish to promote the Yamaha name,the sport of motor cycling and the general camaraderie it brings.I would like to think that the Yamaha Corp' would welcome the positive reaction that this will bring,not only to XZ550 owners, but to ALL Yamaha owners.A belief that Yamaha nurtures and cares for its owners around the world.
Should you like to know more about this genuine bunch of enthusiasts please log onto our web site which has a superb forum of very well versed(approx'800)members of various ages,sex and experiance; ridersofvision.net
I and my fellow Visionaries,look forward to your reply.
? ? ? ? ? ? ?Kind Regards,John Pountney?

:) I will post the reply, when I receive one? ;D.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

glennw

Good luck John... Do you really think Yamaha will finally own up to the Vision, The?forgotten stepchild... Loathed by every Yamaha dealer who got stuck with them for several years...
We will see. ;)
GlennW..
Half Mad Max

Tiger

:) I've e-mailed Yamaha Motors Canada before , several months ago and I'm still waiting for a reply? :o .One way or another this is getting real interesting? 8). 11 weeks and counting? ::)
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Tiger
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Tiger

:) Just got home to find an e-mail from Glenn in Oakville? ;D.
He will be joining us for our spring ride? 8) . Way to go Glenn,look forward to meeting you again? ;) :) :D ( only ROV member i've met  ???)

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Tiger.

squid

??? hey john,,,,did ya forget about jay, and squid ??? you know what they say,,,,the mind is the first thing to go  :P ;D ;D ;D

Tiger

:) Tut tut er, uh ? ummmmm? :-[ , er ? Oh yer--------------Squid 'n er,uh? St Thomas? :-\ ,er no,Oh Jay? ;)---------------------? ;D AND all of those about to rock and roll in Ontario and set a ROV record for a Vision meet? ;) -----------------------? ?8)

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?"WAY TO GO BOYS & GIRLS"

:)I'm very proud to be part of this special family and look forward to meeting,greeting and shaking hand's with EVERY ONE of you? 8).
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Tiger

p.s. I had coffee with Brian Mathewson for a first time meet to-day,if you havn't met him, he's a real nice guy folk's, AS is Squid who I had the pleasure of his company at the Toronto bike show a couple of weeks ago.

Blurred Vision

Jay

Tiger

:) Should every-one turn up? ::) we will have 15?Visions for the OnROV week-end meet / ride, 8),

;D TigerJohn.
;D Lead_Deficiency.
;D Squid.
;D Kenny.
;D Jays Vision.
;D Louthepou.
;D Brian Mathewson.
;D ps2.
;D Fiddlesticks.
;D Rob_os23
;D Wolf
;D Glenn
;D Night Vision
;D Willie
;D cmhn

;D Who's next to help to set a record? ???? :-\
;D Who's next up ???

Tiger

:-\ Reply from Japan  :o

Dear John Pountney,
Thank you for your inquiry of 2006/02/08.

According to your message, I assume that your inquiry is about the product
of YAMAHA Motor Corporation.
YAMAHA Corporation is a totally independent organization from YAMAHA Motor
Corporation, therefore, I cannot take your inquiry into account at our
site.
I would recommend you to contact the nearest YAMAHA Motor dealer in your
region, or visit at http://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/global/link/index.html.

Yamaha Motor Corporation (Head Office in Japan)
2500 Shingai, Iwata-shi, Shizuoka-ken, Japan
Administration Division TEL.(81)538-32-1115 FAX.(81)538-37-4252
Public Rerations Division TEL.(81)538-32-1145 FAX.(81)538-37-4250
Accounting & Finance Division TEL.(81)538-32-1103 FAX.(81)538-37-4252

I would appreciate your understanding in advance.

Yours faithfully,

Webmaster
Yamaha Corporation (Headquarters in Japan)

Tiger

:) Message from CanadianLouie? 8)

Hey there John,

Count me it for the spring.? Hopefully it will warm up decently and of course be dry.? I don't know how far some of the other guys could come, but should be able to kick back a few Timmies.

Catch you later,

Way to go Louie. Thats err ummmm *^$# 15 & 1 is er hmm

" SIXTEEN VISIONS" WHOOOOOOYA? 8)

Tiger

:) Looks like we could add another to the clan? :o

"This sounds really great but I haven't licensed my Vision in quite a few years. After hearing about this ride though, I do have some more incentive to get it road worthy".
                                           LMD_Racing.

;D Say "Hi" every-one to LMD_Racing from out Kingston way? 8).

:D? Squid, Kenny, CMHN & Louthepou maybe you can organise? ::) riding in to-gether for the meet with LMD? ???? 8)

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Tiger.

Blurred Vision

Hey John just curious as to how I will be getting to the doo. I'm not farmilliar with the toronto area or the 401 on 2 wheels. I've only been riding a few months. Someome to ride with would be better.
Jay

Tiger

:) Time and Place to meet? ;D

? :) Date....27th & 28th MAY 2006
(will revise according to the weather, if required)

? :) Time............................10a.m.

? :) Place...........................Tim Hortons.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Highway 401 and Trafalger Road.

? ?:) Directions......From the East(Trenton,Kingston,Brighton,etc) you head West, right across the top of the city to the west side. Once you get to Trafalger Road , Exit 401 and head SOUTH (turn left !). When you reach the traffic lights,approx' 1/4 mile,? Tim Hortons is on your right, next to a Pioneer gas station.? ?8)

? ?:) From the West (St.Thomas,Sarnia,Windsor,etc) head East on Highway 401. As you reach Milton ( from London,Cambridge,Guelph.....Milton) you will pass Hwy 25,James Snow Parkway and then Trafalger Road. Exit 401 and head SOUTH (turn right !). Tim Hortons is on your immediate right, next to a Pioneer gas station 8)

For most people this will be a loooooooong haul to get to the meet area? ::). Out of respect for your fellow riders please make every effort to be on time. Once every one has had time to have a coffee? :-\,bathroom break? :-[,smoke? :o,gas up? :P ,etc we will move off for what should be a good start to a great week-end......................I look forward to meeting you,one and all........Ride safe,be safe & stay safe............? 8)

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?TIGER.

Tiger

:) I would suggest that you all get in touch with the riders in your area,over the course of the next few days,(look in profile for e-mail address) to find a good place to meet up and ride in to-gether? 8) maybe get to-gether before the meet to help each other out with their Visions (service,maintenance,fixes!!!).

:) West. Jays Vision, Wolf. Depending on border crossing, ps2 & Willie.

:) East. Squid,Louthepou,Kenny, CMHN, LMD_Racing and? Night_Vision(depending on border crossing)

? ? ? ? ? ? ?On the way across hook-up with:

:) Fiddlesticks, Brian Mathewson and CanadianLouie.

:) North. Rob_os23, Lead_Deficiency & Tiger? 8)

Tiger

:) It appears the boys & girls in the south are getting very nervous  ::) about loosing  :o and have stepped up a notch or two  ::)

OK CROV Riders...
We need to have a membership drive!

How about if each one of us find a way to recruit just one V owner each... local paper, Craigs list, whatever... the guy you saw across town with one... post a note at the local bone yard..      suggestions? 

I wanna win this little contest we are having with the boys from the frozen north! 

Now let's get out there and win one for the gipper!
GlennW

;D Lets get to it and put the Cali boys to shame  ;D :D ;) :P

Tiger.

Tiger

:) and from Visionless of the Cali ROV? :o? ::)

Deep breath Glen. Right now they're talking big, but wait and see if they really show up.? Most importantly, who made these gatherings cool? That's right Glen, it was you and the rest of the CROV. Besides, when its all said and done, what do you have to be upset about?? YOU LIVE IN SANTA BARBARA, MAN!!!!
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Looking forward to being on a Vision April 1,
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Chris

:) Questioning our credibility? :o NOW thats fighting talk? 8)
? ? Who DARES back out now? ???

WOOOOHOOOO? ;) dont you just love it.......That smell of fear? 8)

visionless

Is this fun or what?  ;D
          Chris
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

fiddlesticks

This is turning out to be the biggest vision event yet.  I cant wait till april.  Now all we need is for this ugly stupid snow to melt ::)

Fidd
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"