values of vision

Started by taank, June 01, 2007, 01:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColinthePilot

instead of hijacking this thread for flying purposes, I'm going to start another thread in the "off topic" section
Colin
It pissed me off, so I jammed a screwdriver into it, hit it with a hammer, and spun it around with a pair of vice grips. Let that serve as a warning

Ron_McCoy

I bought jgarry's 82 today. Brought it home and put my spare carbs on it and it fired right up.  It quit smoking after about 5 minutes. Runs and idles fine.  I haven't ridden it yet. There's still lots of work to be done on the motorcycle. 

Ron   :) :) :)

jgarry

Having regrets now, of course  :'(

Bye Bye Bike!

The $1100 included some other stuff, about $800 was for the carbs, I can see R&R + rebuilds taking more than an hour.  Since Ron has spares and skills I don't, I didn't think that was really out of line.  All the other stuff I could see it is going to need put it out of my comfort zone.  I'm just happy someone got it who cares.  Good luck, Ron!

Speaking of hijacking a thread for flying, check out what happened to my cuz' plane, he tells me details are in the August Pacific Flyer, p. B10 (I haven't seen it yet).

kwells

Im sure Ron would be happy to sell it back to you for $2000.00
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

Quote from: kwells on August 18, 2007, 12:16:06 AM
Im sure Ron would be happy to sell it back to you for $2000.00

I'd ask even more than that . . .  ;D

Beautiful survivor!  It's even the faster Star Silver!  In the pix, it looks just like mine did when it had that same mileage on it - back in '84.

Looks like you both made a good deal - but I'd rather be on Ron's end of it.  Seller's remorse can be a little rough.   :'(

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

i have a slightly banged up non running vision I can sell you for 800 if you really want another one

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

No thanks - I've already got a slightly banged up 82 V waiting for some welding & parts.  Should be getting around to fixing it next week or so.  Will be stealing its stator for silver V.  Also taking the R/R and maybe even the flywheel.  Going to do an entire charging system change to see if I can make a stator last more than 3,000 miles.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

have you done the soldering of the connections?  I'm assuming you have ...I also remember you saying you replaced the R/R but I'm not sure which V.  Maybe you just got a series of bad luck on stators?

www.wellsmoto.com

Ron_McCoy

Thanks for the good wishes Joel.  I'm not interested in selling this baby.  Money is easier to come by than low mileage, cared for, 25 year old motorcycles.  I'm waiting for tires right now and it will need a fuse box and brake system overhaul to be road worthy, but I've ridden it around the local area some. Its mechanically very quiet and runs very well.

The other reason I wouldn't sell it is that I have a Vision because I really like to ride them. I didn't get one because it was cheap or someone gave it to me. I bought mine new and aquired parts bikes because I intend to keep riding one as long as I am able to ride a motorcycle. With this one I should have a lot of miles to go and also have one to ride when I'm working on the other one.

;D ;D ;D

h2olawyer

Quote from: kwells on August 18, 2007, 03:24:28 AM
have you done the soldering of the connections?  I'm assuming you have ...I also remember you saying you replaced the R/R but I'm not sure which V.  Maybe you just got a series of bad luck on stators?

My first stator fried about 200 miles after soldering the connections.   ::)  I'll not do that again.  With all the new charging parts, the connectors seem to stay clean.  They get taken apart & inspected on a very regular basis.  Figure if I try using the complete setup from a different bike, maybe I'll eliminate that gremlin.

Quote from: Ron_McCoy on August 18, 2007, 12:45:06 PM
Thanks for the good wishes Joel.  I'm not interested in selling this baby.  Money is easier to come by than low mileage, cared for, 25 year old motorcycles.  I'm waiting for tires right now and it will need a fuse box and brake system overhaul to be road worthy, but I've ridden it around the local area some. Its mechanically very quiet and runs very well.

The other reason I wouldn't sell it is that I have a Vision because I really like to ride them. I didn't get one because it was cheap or someone gave it to me. I bought mine new and aquired parts bikes because I intend to keep riding one as long as I am able to ride a motorcycle. With this one I should have a lot of miles to go and also have one to ride when I'm working on the other one.

;D ;D ;D

Agreed, 100%!   ;D

H2O

Superfly

Damn fine purchase there Ron!  That is one sweet Vision!
I know about sellers remorse.. I sold my blue Vision today... :'(
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

Ron_McCoy

Hey Pete, you're supposed to buy them , not sell them.  I hope you still have as many Visions as Ninjas.

Coil Coyle

I intend to keep riding one as long as I am able to ride a motorcycle.

;D ;D ;D
"Definitively" stated, Ron.

8)
Coil

Superfly

Quote from: Ron_McCoy on August 19, 2007, 01:30:56 AM
Hey Pete, you're supposed to buy them , not sell them.  I hope you still have as many Visions as Ninjas.

HAHAHAA!
2 Vision
2 Ninjas
1 FZR 600 (project, just finished up the engine)
and the X's GS450

Hopefully soon, I will be down to
1 Vision, could never sell that bike...
1 Ninja, C model ZX600, man that bike is perfect for lane splitting
and 1 bike I have had my eye on for about 5 years.  It just came up for sale and I already commited to buy it!  That is why I have been cleanin' out my garage, and selling some of the xtra parts I had.
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

zore

I can't imagine the beat down my wife would give me if I brought another bike home. 

82 Vision Red (fastest color)
95 Ducati Monster (Red, green, blue, blue/darkblue, now lava red) 
06 Daytona 675
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

jgarry

;D ;D ;D

Interesting, I didn't know there was anything wrong with the fuse box.  With the gorgeous weather down here, I'm really feeling the remorse  :'(  But I'm still happy for you and the bike!   :D

kwells

Zore,
what do you think about the daytona compared to the Monster?  I've been eyeballing the new Street Triple, which has many of the same elements as the daytona.

www.wellsmoto.com

inanecathode

Have to consolidate some space in my driveway (and kwellz' :o)
1 XT250
1 JT100
1 TS185
1 CB750
1 Vision (green)
1 Vision (silver, parts)
1 Vision (black, 83)

XT is for dirt riding, the jt is my learners bike, the ts185 is evil and noone will buy it, the cb is a future long distance bike, the green vision is the daily rider, the silver one is going into the 83, the 83 is the future techno-bike (stereo, extra gauges, flux capacitor)
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Ron_McCoy

There was nothing wrong with the fuse box until I checked the main fuse and one of the tabs that hold the fuse broke off as I reinstalled it.  This is really common on Visions.  It got new tires this weekend and its brake fluid replaced.  Just about ready to be a regular ride.

Kwells, I sat on the street triple at Laguna Seca. It felt really light and easy to move side to side.  Nice riding position too. Reminded me of a certain Yamaha.

I know its a little late for most of you guys, but the whole thing with the wife giving you grief about aquiring motorcycles is something that you need to get straight BEFORE you get married.  If she won't support your motorcycling addiction, forget her and find someone who will, regardless of how you think you feel about her and whatever other good qualities she has.  Its just not worth it.  My wife has been enthusiastic about the purchase of all 5 bikes that I have and the ones I had before them. She has even bought parts bikes for me without me knowing about it beforehand.  She's a jewel.  If you're a serious motorcyclist, you need to find one like her or stay single.  You'll be a lot happier.

kwells

my girl does a good job of not harping on me about my bikes...and I think it's cuz she knows what's good fer her. Jk...i dont slap her around too much....having a place to keep em is always an issue though.  As it is...there are 4 bikes in my carport.  I'd love to add that street triple to the mix though.

www.wellsmoto.com