News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Good to be around still.

Started by joevacc, April 27, 2009, 08:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joevacc

I was on my way home tonight, on my other bike, and this dumb bitch person in an enormous SUV pulled out of a driveway right into me!  >:( >:( >:(
Luckily I was into riding tonight and on my game.  I didn't go down.  She hit me on the right side saddle bag.  The bags are hard and just got scuffed.  I have, as I am sure all of us who ride daily have had, many close calls with unaware drivers...  I just have never touched another vehicle while doing 45 mph!!!

I should have shook her by the neck for a while but I hate violence!   :(

I just want to say;  don't ever let your guard down!!!!!!   I can't get Night Vision's tag line out of my head...

Don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

Tiger

:o Holy F**K Joey, pleased to know, shitty knickers apart, that your OK brother... :o Did you contact the LEO's ?? You should get checked out by your doctor just in case, God forbid, something crops up in the future e.g. whiplash to the neck usually comes in 24 hours after the event!!! Report it and get a check up Joey...

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

funkamongus

man,  good reaction saved your life!! She doesnt even know how stupid she is,, wont either,, unless she comes across someone not thinking about it..  Glad you're alright!!
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

Night Vision

knowing Joe, I'm sure he had a little face time with her  >:(

glad to hear both of you are ok... 
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Tiger

Quote from: Night Vision on April 27, 2009, 09:39:17 PM

8) True...but did she understand New York Italian :o  ;D  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

joevacc

I gotta admit that I was pretty shaken...  I explained the person that "motorcycles are hard to see!  And she should be more careful!  A cop was going by at the time and I flagged him down.  She was going on and on how the road is bad there and she was going to explain that to the highway superintendent! ???

The cop explained to her that it was her responsibility look before you go!  I couldn't take listening to her BS any more so I split without getting her name .  I suppose that was a dumb move.  She was still telling the COP how she listens before she goes and how safe a driver she is!!!

Last week I was riding on this beautiful winding road in the Catskills here in NY when I came around a turn, kinda winging it when I just didn't feel like hitting it anymore and slowed down to below the speed limit.  As I came around another turn there is this woman crossing the yellow lines!!  Heading right for me!!!!  As I watch this lump of humanity totally loose control of her car I narrowly missed her!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I try to be a good person...  I have never been malicious to anyone....  Why are the after me???   :( :(
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Tiger on April 28, 2009, 07:28:53 AM
Quote from: Night Vision on April 27, 2009, 09:39:17 PM

8) True...but did she understand New York Italian :o  ;D  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Being or New York (New Yawk) Italian heritage, I have used that to the fullest at times.  Its just a pitty that I wear a full face helmet and I'm pretty much the only one that can hear it.
I have had my share of recent close calls and all were with drivers not paying attention.  The last was with a woman on her cell phone who ran a stop sign right in front of me.  Thanks to my 82's dual calipers, quick reaction, and lots of practive, I stayed upright and missed her.  It was a pitty that we both came to the same red light...which she couldn't run...and the "Italian in me" came out.  I scared the crap out of her.

Joe, I'm glad you are OK.  I can't emphasize enough the importance of always being alert, ready and having an "out" in case something like that happens.  Practice, practice, practice, and always be ready. Know your bikes abilites as well as your own.  It doesn't hurt to have the mindset that everyone else out there is out to kill you either.  If I'm having a bad day, I just won't ride.
Lucky has a sticker on his dash that says something like "You're invisible, Everyone is out to kill you".

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

haunter

oh my god!  glad to hear you didnt go down!
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

Rick G

You have heard me mention a certain corner in Kingman , that is 70  or 80 degrees  . A over the road semi truck Assumed I had a stop sign, when in fact , he has the stop sign.  He pulled his rig right out it front of me causing me to swerve right :o :o :o , to get behind him. He needed to use the lane for opposite traffic to make the  turn . I used the MAC's to get his attention and pulled up in front of him, blocking his  path, dismounted and explained the error of his ways , in NO uncertain terms . He apologized and  told me he rode a bike and understood my anger. >:( >:( >:( >:(. I may stop using that street!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

h2olawyer

Joe - glad it wasn't worse!  You really need to see a lawyer about that possible whiplash.   ;D

Rick - be careful about accosting truckers.  They tend to have a bit of an advantage over bikes on the road.  At least it sounds like this one learned a little bit.  Too bad he wasn't using his 'bike brain' while in his truck.  I find myself driving 4 wheels with the same attention as when on 2 wheels.  I always make eye contact with motorcycles whenever possible.  However, around here, many of them are the shorts, t-shirt, sandals & helmet crowd, riding at least 20MPH over the limit through neighborhood streets.  Amazed more of them aren't hurt / killed or don't hit pedestrians.  The joys of living in a college town . . .

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kev10104

Glad to hear everything turned out ok Joe.It is unbelievable how many motorists just don't pay attention.I have a twin brother who won't ride anymore because of a close call years ago.It really is a shame.

jasonm.

Joe, glad to hear you are ok. The reason they are after you...they are afraid of me. I think they heard that very often I am a "bastard".  I'll cuss someone out for doing anything dumb that directly affects me or my safety.  If they stop to apologize...fine. But excuses don't cut it with me.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

funkamongus

you too?!?! I thought I was the last one.. Cut me off, compromise my safety, try to run me over,,, and I'll be in your face...In my opinion Jason, that doesnt make you a bastard, people who arent looking, paying attention, seeing us and others, texting, talking, putting on makeup,, are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling and Im all about making sure that they know I know. Otherwise, folks like me, Im a like-able guy. I just have no patience for people who disregard our safety, for any reason.
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

jasonm.

Wow, I thought I was the only one with an attitude.  Also Joe,,,,just maybe they think your just a hansom guy and they are trying to get a better look at you. ;)
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

kev10104

It was awesome to meet you Joe i had a fantastic couple of days riding.I hope you had a great and safe ride home.Take care buddy.