Me and Canadian_Lou...

Started by Tiger, August 22, 2008, 07:19:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) Phoned Canadian_Lou yesterday to see if he wanted to go for lunch as I was working around his area. It was obvious that he wasn't at home when he answered...
"Where are you" says I...

"on a beautiful day like today I'm out riding the Vision" says he!!!

:o Bugger, bugger, bugger thinks I...Hmmmmmm, hes right, its a great day for a ride.......perfect ridin' weather...Blue sky, sun shine, (but not to hot), with a coooool breeze flowing...what to do :-\

O.K...Sold!!!...two calls to do and then.......Homeward bound ;)

We met up at Elora Gorge for a coffee and then, as a bit of a warm up to the 2008 OnROV Fall Ride, we made use of the great riding roads around my area...twisties to flip the Vision's back and forth, quiet long straight country roads to crack the throttle open, some nice long sweeper's to lean through, aaaah, sooooooo good to play hooky eh!!!

Canadian_Lou even had us haul over for a photo shoot 8) Pictures to follow, via my publisher...N_V!!!

A superb day, thanks C_L 8)
                8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Night Vision

perfect ridin' weather...Blue sky, sun shine, (but not to hot), with a coooool breeze flowing...
  ;D

the afternoon warmed up nicely...;D

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

don_vanecek

Nice pictures, looks like you two guys had a beautiful day to go riding!

Riding weather has been nice here in NE also, told my boss the other day that if the biker behind me the other morning would have come up to me at the last light I would have asked him if he wanted to just skip work with me and go riding all day (the boss didn't think too much of the idea however!).

Tiger

:) The first picture was a pre-spring special airing :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;) Now you can see a couple of upgrades that I've made to her since then... 8)

Thanks again N_V 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

h2olawyer

I see a couple additions allowing you to carry stuff securely.  Look grrreat!

The first pic sure shows motorcycling in the "Great White North"!   ;D  Actually, that's very similar to the conditions in the Rockies in April.

Glad you guys got out for some fun in the Canadian sun!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Rick G

Tiger , is there a reason you mount your saddle bags for afternoon rides?  I see you paint very quickly too!  Do you have a problem with paint drying in "cool breezes"?
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Tiger

Quote from: Rick G on August 23, 2008, 12:43:07 AM
Tiger , is there a reason you mount your saddle bags for afternoon rides?  I see you paint very quickly too!  Do you have a problem with paint drying in "cool breezes"?

Those side bags are hard bags, wired in and bolted on permanent. The lights, set into the rear of the lids, were originally marker lights that I dismembered and put in 1156 bulb holders/bulbs, (standard signal bulb holders), wired into the original loom.

The backrest/rack, superbly made by "Kevin" here on the ROV site, has a "fixed" leather bag installed. It has a main "pocket" for bulk and three smaller ones, one each side and one at the rear, for smaller items...water bottles, side stand puck, reading glasses!!, etc. The bag is held on by a velcro belt around the backrest and bootlace ties onto the bottom of the rack. I drilled a 1/8" x 1" x 12" long piece of aluminum flat bar and screwed it, from the inside of the bag, onto the backrest. Although the bag is a stiff type of leather, the "fixed on" method stops any movement.

I was never really happy with the original Tiger decals that I put onto the fairing, (as seen in the first picture). After a looooooong search I found the ones you now see. I got them from a company in Australia!!!

If I ever get the S.S. braided brake lines from Sumofallparts, I have an '83 "front clip" ready and waiting to be installed...another story for another thread!!!

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Night Vision

doh! have the galfers shipped here.. I'll zip tie them along side mine, and if asked, tell the border boys I have trouble stopping sometimes ::)
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Rick G

Sorry Tiger , that was my lame attempt at humor!! :D :D :D
Rick G
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Tiger

:) Sorry not necessary RickyG...I did get it first time around  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Cdnlouie

Nice pics! That's a dangerous combination of riders: one preacher and one salesman  ::). They both only work one day a week!

It's too bad Tiger missed the gravel road portion of the ride.  It's been years since I have been sliding around in gravel at 100kmh (like the good old days of racing a Honda Elsinore 250 motorcrosser).  Nice straight roads to fishtale down and enjoy the sensation of an entirely different riding experience.  I got a few looks from the Mennonite farmers, but mostly cows and horses.  It was a great day to be alive!

Until next time,

Tiger

Quote from: Cdnlouie on September 01, 2008, 10:04:16 PM
Nice pics! That's a dangerous combination of riders: one preacher and one salesman ::). They both only work one day a week!

:o OUCH!!!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D.

I managed to grab a short ride with C_L yesterday. However, one of us, (the salesman!!), still had work to do while the other one headed North via some great riding roads/weather 8) How was the ride 'Lou ???

8).......TIGER........ 8)

Cdnlouie

Not quite the same without the 'salesman'  :(.  Nice long ride, I got back home about 9:20pm that night.  I went up to Port Collingwood on Georgian Bay, then over to Wasaga Beach and then return trip to Orangeville until sunset, grabbed a bowl of chicken noodle soup, talked to the local bikers and finally headed home on the open highways.

It was a warm pleasant (not too hot or cold) day which translates into a great ride.  That's about 8 hours of riding in total.  I am always amazed at how comfortable the Vision is even after that length of time in the saddle. I do think that is one of the advantages of 82 higher bars which really increases the length of time you can spend riding in comfort.

All in all, no regrets!

Rick G

You fellows never cease to remind me of place names of my youth . In 1956 , when I was 14 , we went on a camping trip to Georgian Bay, actually the first week was a a place called Clear lake . We stayed in a friends cabin and I rowed my brains out , all over the lake. I still have pics of the tents on Georgian bay. I thought it must be the ocean! ;D ;D
Rick G

inanecathode

Quote from: Rick G on September 05, 2008, 10:39:59 PM
You fellows never cease to remind me of place names of my youth . In 1956 , when I was 14 , we went on a camping trip to Georgian Bay, actually the first week was a a place called Clear lake . We stayed in a friends cabin and I rowed my brains out , all over the lake. I still have pics of the tents on Georgian bay. I thought it must be the ocean! ;D ;D

Had they even invented lakes by then?  ??? ??? :D :D ;)
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Walt_M.

Yes, we had lakes! I was 8 in 1956 and we vacationed at Lake Nippissing which connects to Georgian Bay via the French River. Beautiful country up there. Haven't been back since 1978 though, but I will some day.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Rick G

Yes, lakes were invented , Glaciers too, hence the lakes. :D :D :D :D :D :D ;)
Rick G