Previous topic - Next topic

Night Vision

petroleum stain remover...............

came home tonight and noticed a grease stain on my nylon jacket  >:(
dish soap?-nope
Clorox bleach pen?-zilch
409?-"nine"

good ole WD-40 to the rescue  ;D
I learned this trick when I got a "smidge"  ::) of driveway sealer on the carpeted stairs.... months later I tried WD-40 on it... gone...

sooo... next time mama screams when you come trapezing in from workin on the V with your boots on....... 
............whip it out  :o ..............

DISCLAIMER: so far I've only tried this on a nylon jacket and nylon based carpet.... USE AT OWN RISK and be aware that mama may still be pissed off.

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

YellowJacket!

Cool!  Im gonna try it.  During Phase one restoration I stepped in some grease and tracked it in the house first tried carpet cleaner but it didnt work.  It made it worse.  Over the last year and a half it has blended in....or my light tan carpet has gotten more dirty... :o
Never the less, I was in the doghouse for it.
Thanks for the good tip NV.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Mutt

Quote from: DaveTN on February 13, 2007, 10:11:06 PM
Never the less, I was in the doghouse for it.
Thanks for the good tip NV.

David

If you were in the dog house, where were the two dogs? Let me guess, in your bed!  :)

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

YellowJacket!

heh heh.... one on each side of the bed (on the floor on their space foam dog beds).

I have been trying to figure out how to post a video that a doctor I work with emailed me.  Its titled "dont crush a WD-40 can".  It should also be a contender for the darwin awards.
Since I'm not the original author, im not sure about U-tube and stuff.

David

Tiger

Quote from: Night Vision on February 13, 2007, 08:52:13 PM
petroleum stain remover...............

::)...Not much good for anything else... ;)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

ps2/bikevision

YellowJacket!

Quote from: ps2 on February 14, 2007, 03:12:58 PM
hey dave are you talking about this video its freakin awsome.

http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/1164866765/Never_Smash_a_WD40_Can

Yup,  thats the one.  Showed it to my boys with a stern warning.

David

h2olawyer

Doubt it killed him - or rendered him impotent (the criteria for Darwin Awards) but it would fit under the redneck's "Hey y'all, watch this!" scenario.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

plavix

Notice that (RRB) REDNECK RAKE BOY's camera man buddy made SURE he didn't drop the camera and try to help his friend...MUST KEEP FILMING...I want a buddy like that when I do something stupid  :)

munkyfistfight

It looks like the can was already on fire. That reminds me of my curiosity towards a can of black powder I had found in my uncle's old truck. I didn't have hair on my right leg for about 2 weeks!!
Those who play by the book will always be beaten by those who write their own. -Travis Pastrana

h2olawyer

Black powder is fun stuff.  I've been playing with a .45 Colt Dragoon with both standard & 18" extended barrels, along with a shoulder stock, for the last 30 years.  Took it out once & shot it while wearing shorts & a t-shirt.  I had black spots in my skin for  the next 5 years.

I have a 1/2 scale mountain howitzer (1" bore) that I still have to build a carriage for.  Most of the woodworking is straight forward.  However, finding a wheelright these days isn't the easiest task.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

glennw

WD 40 is the best stuff in the world for removing road tar off your car.
Never tried it of carpet!... But I have put it on fishing lures with good results..
GlennW

Half Mad Max

Walt_M.

Fishing lures? Just what strain of mutant sewer carp(crap) are you trying to catch?
Whale oil beef hooked!

kiawrench

h20   - you dont need a wheelwright,, go to website for the woodwright's shop,,, he has plans there for making wheels, pretty easy once you hit hand with hammer a few times,,,  basic wheel,iron rim wheel ,and even has process for making iron hubs and stuff        i made two garden wheel barrows and a butchers cart,, followed the instructions, didnt lose a finger!

and wd 40 does work for largemouth bass, just a light spray across the open tackle box does it,, esp on spinnerbaits-- but they wont go for it year round,, only during early evening ,,, must be something in the smell
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

h2olawyer

Figures the Woodwright would have it.  I have plans for the carriage & wheels.  Want to make it historically accurate, even though it is just 1/2 scale.  Ever noticed how many bandages the woodwright has on his hands?  Kind of reminds me of Les Nessman.   :D

Just checked the Woodwright's web site.  No sign of wheels anymore.

H2O

hfarley

Got another reason to love wd-40.

Purchased new utility tub with cabinet from Home Depot- $170.00

Let husband put it together and he cross threaded drain--2 hours

Let husband try to unscrew drain and reposition--Hours

I walked in with a can of WD-40 and a pair of pliers. Sprayed threads of drain and removed whole thing in a matter of minutes---PRICELESS!!

I love WD-40!!

-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

kiawrench

h20,, http://www.medievalwood.org/charles/wheelbarrow.html     good site,  may just be what you were looking for . the woodwright site had same wheel, only he added a iron "tire" by making iron ring size needed, then fired it brick red with a torch and hammered it over the wooden wheel, then cooling it fast with water---- made it just like the old world wheels then .

oh, wd-40 is also good when your hands are really sore,, just spray it on hands, let it soak about 5 mins, then dry hands on a towel,,, works every time .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .