News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Pride in your flag...

Started by Tiger, August 10, 2007, 07:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) The following is from an email I received from a friend today...

Written by Proud Mom of 3...

One of my sons serves in the military, he is stationed in Ontario, Canada.
He called me yesterday to let me know how warm and welcoming people were to him and his troops everywhere they go.
Telling me how people shake their hands and thank them for being willing to serve and fight, not only our own freedoms but so that others may have them too. Then he told me about an incident in the grocery store he stopped at yesterday, on his way home from the base.

He said that several people were in the line ahead of him, including a woman dressed in a Burkha. He said when she got to the cashier, she made a loud remark about the Canadian Flag, lapel pin, the cashier wore on her smock. The cashier reached up and touched the pin and said, "Yes, I always wear it proudly, because I'm a Canadian." The woman in the burkha then asked the cashier when she was going to stop bombing her countrymen, explaining that she was Iraqi.

A gentleman standing behind my son stepped forward, putting his arm around my son's shoulders and nodding to wards my son, said in a calm and gentle voice to the Iraqi woman:

"Lady, hundreds of thousands of men and women like this young man have fought and died so that YOU could stand here, in MY country and accuse a checkout cashier of bombing YOUR countrymen. It is my belief that had you been this outspoken in YOUR own country, we wouldn't need to be there today. But, hey, if you have now learned how to speak out so loudly and clearly, I'll gladly buy you a ticket and pay your way back to Iraq , so you can straighten out the mess in YOUR country, that you are obviously here in MY country to avoid."

Everyone within hearing distance cheered!

8)........TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Night Vision

you Canadians are way too nice.....

I would have only offered to pay for half a ticket back home...

to somewhere in the mid Atlantic :o

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Tiger

:) I 100% agree, however our Charter of Right's might be a teeny weeny bit of a problem. It gives rights to everyone, even those who don't deserve them... ::)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Brian Moffet

Quote from: Tiger on August 10, 2007, 11:03:21 PM
It gives rights to everyone, even those who don't deserve them..

Of course the problem is who determines who deserves the rights...

YellowJacket!

I would have just bombed her to prove her right.  However, I think the man and the boy made a better point.

What really makes me angry though ts that it IS NOT the Americans and the Canadians that are doing the bombing.  Its their own damn Iraqi/Arab countrymen.  And guess what? Long after we and everyone elese is there that is trying to help them leave, the bombing will continue and probably get worse.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)