Comming home on a wing and a prayer , or just one cylinder.

Started by Rick G, May 21, 2008, 10:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanno

Industrial Technician by trade -- Curiosity by nature, tinkerer by choice.
"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

inanecathode

Whats that mod about drilling a hole in the filler neck?
I'd like an extra gallon of capacity please, thank you :)
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Tanno

You could just re-design the tank to a higher capacity. Adding a second aux tank isn't feasible because there's no where to put it.
Industrial Technician by trade -- Curiosity by nature, tinkerer by choice.
"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown

kwells

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

supervision

One time, my bike started pouring fuel out of one of the bowl vents hoses. It was a steady stream, and I had to pull over, and fix it. I took off the tank and air box, so I could get to the carb.  It was easy to tell which carb was flowing, by the hose it was coming from. A small sliver of steel, was in the needle. float pin came right out, and the problem was eliminated.  I was with Visionmiester, Dwight and our friend Robert, on this ride up in Oregon, at Gold Beach.  I could have run out of gas!  I could have, lubed up my tire (that's not good)  Everything back together, we proceeded to have the rest of our ride.
" border="0

QBS

Isopropyl alcohol.  You've all been given the secret.  Again.

kwells

i ran out of fuel once in a mall parking lot....went into the mall walgreens and got like 4 Heets and was ok til I got to the gas station.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Kenny

The running on one cylinder that we were involved in had nothing to do with Carbs or Fuel. Half way from Edmonton to Kamloops Dorothy's Previous 83 started missing and then ended up running on only one cylinder(60 miles from nowhere).
  At half speed and a day late we made it to Kamloops Yamaha and had a new spark plug cap installed which did the trick.
                   ;) Magic   Ken S. 
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92