just put new tires on

Started by taank, July 31, 2007, 09:47:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taank

i just put on new kenda challengers and wow what a diffference!  before i had the continentals that where on the bike when i got it, they were all cracked and had flat spots all over it.  i set the rear tires at 35 psi and the front at 32psi.  the bike is a completley differnt bike with new tires, now i just have to pull apart the steering head and put in the taperd bearings, where do you get them, is it a dealer item? i'll check luckys pages too..

Aelwulf

There's a link on here for an eBay seller that sells 'em.  Price is decent and he sent 'em quick for me since I was selling my house (didn't realize he was in England).  If I can find it I'll post it here, or least his seller name.

Edit:

Dennis Kirk Part #: 121435
Manufacturer Part #: 221015  (All Balls Brand)

www.denniskirk.com (thanks to H2O)

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Yamaha-XZ550-XZ-550-82-83-Steering-Stem-Bearings_W0QQitemZ110133815726QQihZ001QQcategoryZ35591QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem (thanks to Tiger)

Since I think that's the link I got mine from and it's older it might not work.  In which case Tiger might have to post the seller name as I can't recall at the moment.  I think it was Pyramid something.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

kwells

yeah the link is still active. Pyramid is the brand.
H20 showed me a little trick to get the bearing on the lower triple tree put it in the freezer for a while and then you can bang the bearing down on the tree using an opened crescent wrench on top and banging down on the wrench.
I got my bearings at denniskirk for 47 bucks but I think there are some cheaper ones out there.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com