News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

My Vision hates me

Started by mraudi, September 18, 2010, 09:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mraudi

I was trying to sync my carbs today and the linkage rod was froze up at the jam nut. I took it off the bike and heated it to try to loosen it. Well, the damn thing broke. Now what? Anyone got one?

YellowJacket!

Your Vision doesn't hate you but the Gremlins that you woke up from their 20+ year sleep do.  8)

I may have an extra one in my bucket of carb parts.  I'll take a look and let you know.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

mraudi

You guys ROCK!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

spectre

Quote from: mraudi on September 19, 2010, 03:23:27 PM
And there, is another visionary that is going to stay ;)
1982 yamaha vision xz550- a work in progress

mraudi

Quote from: spectre on September 20, 2010, 10:14:23 PM
Quote from: mraudi on September 19, 2010, 03:23:27 PM
And there, is another visionary that is going to stay ;)

DUH! Leaving here would be as dumb as playing with a hairdryer in the bathtub. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go reset that breaker......  :o

Hartless

you know, i think im going to buy a new bike now that i wrecked my vision. buuut i think ill still fix her up : )
Ride Hartless or stay home

"strive for perfection , settle for excellence"

mraudi

Quote from: Hartless on September 25, 2010, 06:49:18 PM
you know, i think im going to buy a new bike now that i wrecked my vision. buuut i think ill still fix her up : )

You have to man!! Everybody should have at least one love/hate relationship in their life. I think every day how easy it would be to go buy a brand new bike with no problems, and while that is very tempting i just can't bring myself to do it. there is something about this bike that i am drawn to. I guess until I start calling everyone shitters, or i name it Christine i am ok............