News:

Main Menu

If I was a Terrorist...

Started by Coil Coyle, May 29, 2008, 12:29:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

Quote from: h2olawyer on May 29, 2008, 06:31:29 PM
If it's a full auto, he better have a permit.  Semi-auto can be fired pretty fast as well, but there's really no mistaking a fully automatic weapon's sound.   ;D  It is fairly easy to convert some semi-autos to full "rock & roll".

Personally, I really like blasting clay birdies with a 12 gauge or practicing with my .45 Cal cap & ball Colt Dragoon.  It kicks like a mule, makes lots of noise & billows clouds of sparks & smoke.   8)  There's a great place to go shooting about 30 miles NE of here in the Pawnee National Grasslands.  Secluded, no farms or ranches for miles, sits in a small valley and has a great backstop one direction with a long open area for clay bird hunting the other.  I used to go out there a couple times every summer with friends who hunt.  They would take their hunting rifles out to get them sighted in for the season.  We would make a day of it, blasting through several cases of pigeons and around 100 rounds in the Colt - plus their sighting in ammo.  Haven't been in a few years, though.

H2O

I had a Chinese made SKS (AK-47 clone) that I very easilly converted to full auto.  Yes, it is a very distinct sounding weapon capable of obliterating a toilet bowl at about 100 yards.  Sold it after my son was born...more to keep my ex-wife from killing me with it.  :o

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Night Vision

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Lucky

Quote from: h2olawyer on May 29, 2008, 06:31:29 PM
If it's a full auto, he better have a permit.  Semi-auto can be fired pretty fast as well, but there's really no mistaking a fully automatic weapon's sound.   ;D  It is fairly easy to convert some semi-autos to full "rock & roll".

Personally, I really like blasting clay birdies with a 12 gauge or practicing with my .45 Cal cap & ball Colt Dragoon.  It kicks like a mule, makes lots of noise & billows clouds of sparks & smoke.   8)  There's a great place to go shooting about 30 miles NE of here in the Pawnee National Grasslands.  Secluded, no farms or ranches for miles, sits in a small valley and has a great backstop one direction with a long open area for clay bird hunting the other.  I used to go out there a couple times every summer with friends who hunt.  They would take their hunting rifles out to get them sighted in for the season.  We would make a day of it, blasting through several cases of pigeons and around 100 rounds in the Colt - plus their sighting in ammo.  Haven't been in a few years, though.

H2O

I'll see your .45 cap & ball & raise you my 70.5 cal smooth bore, flint fired Brown Bess musket! you wanna see smoke & a BOOM!
The first time i fire it, it makes the other guys at the range dive for cover! lol  ;D ;D ;D
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

h2olawyer

I do have a 1/2 scale mountain howitzer that fires 1 inch balls.  Never built the carriage for it or fired it, but I bet it would be amazing!

Still, a Brown Bess is really, really cool.   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Rick G

Lucky if I ever get back there ,I WILL need to see your Brown Bess in action!

H20  , when I bought  the property we live on , there was a junk yard next door , piles and piles of junk.  The old guy who had owned it , had taken off as the Sheriff's office was planning a drug raid , ( some one in the know warned him)   >:( I bided my time  and when the pile of garbage next to my fence was 30 feet long, 10 feet wide and 5 feet high , I visited the the county code enforcement office. I lucked out because the guy living there was caught , by his wife , enjoying the company of another woman ,out in the desert. So when they split up , the landlord , (her uncle) used the opportunity  to sell the place . This was my plan when I bought it , I got a great deal on the lot , all I had to do was remove the irritation.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

h2olawyer

More than one way to skin a cat!  Way to go, Rick.  Wish I could afford to buy the houses around me.  They start @ $225,000 - assuming the owners even want to sell.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Rick G

I live in Butler , a working class part of Kingman, Our block is 95 % retirees and is pretty good . We have a couple of junkers , but we keep hoping that they burn down (don't tempt me!) 
I bought the lot for 5500. (small lot ) and moved our moble from the park it was in .
This is a pretty good location for those who are retiring and haven't got a pot to p**s in or a window to throw it out of, either that or there just cheap! I may live long enough to pay it off , 3 years on the lot and 7 on the moble.
Rick G
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Coil Coyle

Quote from: h2olawyer on May 29, 2008, 02:32:09 AM
Sorry - guess that was another rant!
>:(
H2O

It's cool, Rob, sometimes I feel like a rant, too! Thats what friends are for, to enjoy each other's rants.  Please note that this is Off Topic

As for weapons, I've got a .380 pistol, for hiking; an 8 1/2" 8 gauge for fun (Oh! such fun, the barrel is curved); a ballot for strength; a garage full of Visions, for sanity.

Rant On, its cool.  8) It's Off Topic!  ;D

Insh' Allah
;)
Coil

Coil Coyle

Quote from: h2olawyer on May 29, 2008, 01:57:08 AM
Typical uberliberal clap-trap.

H2O

H,

I had to use Wikipedia to get a grasp of Uber. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uber
If you intended it as an adverb, I'm flattered.

;)
Coil

macroars

Do not know whether it is enlightening or confusing or on a side track, but:

In Europe, I have in several languages experienced "Über" used instead of i.e. "mega". But there is a little twist to it, generated by how we perceives Germans. When someone is considered übermench, überwise or überwitty, they are so in German way, which we consider as done by applying more rules than wisdom to something in a rather pompous way. 

MacRoarS

You are right about me being wrong.
You are wrong about you being right.
                                     House MD

h2olawyer

Intended in the "German" sense of the word . . .  ;D

Well, another call to the cops again tonight.  Actually talked with the responding officers.  They said there have been more than 8 noise complaints since May 1.  I've made only 4, so others are with me!  They are in line for the stiffest fines when they have their first court date June 23.  That makes it $1000 per roommate. ($3000 total for now)  All was quiet - one car & no noise until about 1AM.  Then, cars started arriving & the vocal volume increased - not to mention the nearly constant car lights, slamming car doors & loud voices as they went into & out of the house.

The house is almost ready to be officially termed a Public Niusance.  That's when the landlord starts paying fines as well.  Tonight, I heard yelling with something about "Come outside, b!#ch & I'll shoot your f@$#!ng @$$!".  Repeated several times, at a loud volume.  I heard it clearly through closed windows.  That's when I called the police.  Again, just after calling, several carloads of people loaded up & left.  All was quiet when the officers arrived.  They couldn't do anything, but it was good to talk with them & find out a little of what is going on from their perspective, not to mention the opportunity to thank them for their efforts.

They told me no fewer than 5 noise tickets have been issued so far & one of the residents was arrested for her "attitude & uncooperativeness".  Probably the same one I've talked to numerous times about the disruptive influence they've been for the entire neighborhood.  All I got from her in response was, "Yeah, but what ya gonna do?"  Guess she's finding out.   ;D

H2O

Rick G

Macroars, thats priceless. My grand father referred to Germans as "stiff neck Prussians"  . If anyone is German and takes offence, you have my apologies . ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Rick G

kwells

she's gonna be uber-screwed in court
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

macroars

...if anyone is German and takes offence, they can turn to their stereotypic library where Norwegians are uncooperative (we are not a part of the EU) barbarians (the Romans never acquired Scandinavia)...
MacRoarS

You are right about me being wrong.
You are wrong about you being right.
                                     House MD

Rick G

The Norwegians were bad asses at one time , they and the Danes had great sport tormenting my ancestors , who the Romans did conquer. Actually I'm glad the Norwegians are nice ,civilized people today. :D :D
Rick G

Coil Coyle

My apologies to you members who don't have a high speed internet connection, yet. This guy's video was so prophetic back in March that I think it deserves a wider audience. So this post is for you guys that missed the video.

This guy, Jim Pence, is sitting in a rocking chair and facing the camera, looking like a veteran from the Viet Nam generation wearing thick glasses and In a soft mid-American voice he speaks directly to the camera and tells us the following monolog.

QuoteIf I was a terrorist and I wanted to destroy the American way of life; I wouldn't use planes and bombs just to kill folks. Hell's bells! That's too risky, you might get caught or killed or both.

Real terrorists get results, and then they lay the blame where it can't be found.

So, here's what I would do if I was a terrorist:
I would foreclose on millions of homes, you know, kick folks out of there houses.
I would devalue the dollar so the price of everything would go up.
I would outsource their jobs so they couldn't find work.
I would move all of the factories to foreign countries, you know, all of the good paying factory jobs.
I would make education unaffordable, you know, terrorists don't like educated people around.
I'd make health care difficult to get and let the insurance companies get away with murder.
I would listen to their telephone calls, monitor their e-mails and use that information to really stick it to them.
Then, I would give myself a big ol' tax cut, sit back in luxury, and watch 'em fight over the crumbs.

But you know what? We live in the United States of America, thank you Jesus, and the people who represent us would never, ever let them get away with that, would they.
Would they?

God Bless Jim Pence, a true American patriot.

;)
Coil

Aelwulf

I miss doing target practice with my .22 and blasting old bowling pins with my grandfathers old .410 shotgun.  The targeting helped me tone down my hands shaking and provided a focus relaxation almost akin to riding to me.  I aim to have a couple more and find a range around here (pun partially intended).  I do however like longbow archery better still.

Am I the only one who finds it odd that they seem to clear out every time after you make the call?  Thinkin' they have someone in dispatch?  Or you tell 'em or stand on your porch when ya do it? :)

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

h2olawyer

Quote from: Aelwulf on October 14, 2008, 11:08:01 PM
Am I the only one who finds it odd that they seem to clear out every time after you make the call?  Thinkin' they have someone in dispatch?  Or you tell 'em or stand on your porch when ya do it? :)

That crowd got evicted and the house was sold to a different landlord.  The new residents (students) were starting off loud & rowdy until they got a visit as well.  Was going to let them settle in, but their first night in the house, a bunch of guys decided their front yard was a convenient rest room.  Cops were there within 5 minutes.  A second loud late party got a second call & they've been good since then.  Their landlord came by and asked me to call him instead of the police when there are issues.  Problem is that he's in Denver & it's a long distance call.  I'll be damned if I'm going to call long distance to tell my neighbor to shut the hell up.  If he wants to avoid getting wrapped up in public nuisance issues up here, he needs to screen his tenants better.  That's basically what I told the landlord.

I think the last group either had an insider or more likely listened to a police scanner.

H2O