I rode to work today!

Started by Serendipity, June 06, 2006, 10:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serendipity

A can of lite beer is 2 points. What do you think I use my "Flex Points" for on the weekend?!

MotorPlow

Just curious, doesn't lite beer refer to the color opposed to the calories?

As in lite beer or dark beer?

Similar to (Yes, I've lived in Vermont) Lite or Dark Maple Syrup.

Serendipity

Actually I'm referring to Miller Lite or Bud Lite as opposed to Bud or regular Miller. They really do have quite a few less calories and carbs.

Incidently, I rode to work again today. The littlest Visionary has a cold so it was best for him to stay home, and Dave has some sick hours to burn up anyways so he stayed home with him. Which meant I got to ride my bike to work! Had to deal with a LOT of traffic as I had to stop at the Chriopractor and then the gym before I went to work. It was all good though and great practice for me. I am sure am enjoying this.  ;D

bluegillspeed

Now all the FL Visionaries have been riding. Today was my first day riding to work. Tommorrow is the first day in uuuhhhhhh.....................hhhmmmm that I've every looked forward to going to work. It'll take me a while to get used to my bikes quirks but thats the fun in getting to know each other.
82 red with sport fairing

Serendipity

Yeah! Dave told me he saw you walk in with your helmet and jacket!  ;D
I had the nicest ride home after "dropping you off" on Monday! Once I got south of that new elementary school I think I only saw 3 other cars the rest of the way home....almost eerily quiet on the road.
But it was sooooo nice! As I was driving past the Preserve with the big pines on either side of the road, it felt just like how it does when I am out on a ride alone with my "been-there-done-that" horse. Just totally, relaxed and feeling like you are part of the nature around you, not just in it.

Very cool.

Lucky

ever notice how much you can smell when riding (with apologies to Heather in NJ, lol) it's one of my favorite things about riding.
now i know why my dog hangs her head out the window in the car...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Serendipity

That's totally true! I can't wait till orange blossom season next year...I started riding just after it this year and missed it.

hfarley

Hey Lucky, I resemble that remark! LOL! ;) :P
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

bluegillspeed

The nature smells are great but what about when your behind the old Desiels. On my way to work today I was stuck behind a whole chain of old soot billowing trucks, felt like I was getting fumagated driving trough that black cloud.

hfarley

LOL Bluegill. I love the smell of diesel! I think it has something to do with the National Guard days. Waking up at 0'dark 30 to put fuel into the generator. Then bending over my little camp stove trying to heat up some water to make a cup of instant coffee. Watching the sunrise to the sound of generators running in the background. Watching people slowly emerge from their tents all sleepy. Messing with those people a bit before breakfast. Hehehe! I miss that! (But not too much  ;) )
-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

bluegillspeed

Well the smell of desiel brings back memories for me two, unfortunatly their of fighting with the old farm equipment that should have been retired back in the 60s, though I do miss it at times.