fork question *edit* now with pics

Started by haunter, October 02, 2006, 09:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haunter

so I have these seca turbo forks........their air hookups are quite............inconvenient

is there any way I can get the air hookups the 83's have for them that anyone knows about?  and just jbweld the airhole on the fork tube shut.........

or does someone have 83's they wanna send me  ;D ;D
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

Lucky

can you take a pic & show us? i have no idea what your looking at...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

louthepou

Wasn't it Superfly who has had the most experience with the Turbo's forks?

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

haunter

Quote from: Lucky on October 02, 2006, 10:34:31 AM
can you take a pic & show us? i have no idea what your looking at...

The 83's have the air 'valves' on the top of the fork, the SEca ones are below the top triple tree.....

I can get pics tonight hopefully
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

haunter

you can see the air stuff just under the top triple tree

Lucky

hard to tell, is that a hose connecting the 2 tubes? if so, that's how i did my 83 forks, but with 1/8 copper line, brass fittings & a guage. i like it better because i KNOW they are balanced evenly.

if you want to make them more 83 like, pull a cap off the top of the fork tube & see if it can be drilled & tapped for tire valves (bike ones, not car ones)

cap off the balance hose fittings (you'll have to remove them to remove the tubes in the future)

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Superfly

That is the way they balance the forks, plus, if I remember correctly, there is a stem in there also to add air to the forks.  It is a little inconvienient, but it is not that bad at all.  I prefer that setup to the visions, because that way you know you forks are balanced.
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

haunter

fair enough, I'll give it a shot, lucky, can you get me the specs of the brass etc so I can take a look at it?