Crazy Burning Man Vision Trike Update.

Started by dneuman, July 29, 2006, 08:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dneuman

Hello All,
   I'm back, just broke the vision out of storage and I'm ready to revive it for another year.  You might remember me asking a bunch of questions last year at about this time...  I don't think I ever shared with you guys the new look of the Vision based art vehicle.
http://madmadscientist.com/galleries/bman2k5/steve05/

And wouldn't you know it right after we got up there the fricken RR stopped working....so I'll be reading over the FAQ on that one. I also need to rebuild the front brakes and the front fork seals are shot....don't know what I'm going to do about that.

Daniel Neuman
Oakland CA

Daniel Neuman
Oakland CA
82 Vision crazybike

Lucky

i'll say it again, that's one of the coolest things i have ever seen... you have to post a Video or get that in in a movie. (Mad Max - Beyond all sanity) lol
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

d0n

is that really driveable?   ??? Safely, at reasonable speeds?  ???

dneuman

Well actually you might get your wish.  It looks like a crew from spike TV is going to do a documentary of our group this year so you might see us on TV.

Daniel Neuman
Oakland CA

Quote from: Lucky on July 29, 2006, 08:57:24 PM
i'll say it again, that's one of the coolest things i have ever seen... you have to post a Video or get that in in a movie. (Mad Max - Beyond all sanity) lol
Daniel Neuman
Oakland CA
82 Vision crazybike

dneuman

In a word, NO in two words Hell No!!!!  ;)
It was made for a very specific purpose and that was tooling around at 5mph on a giant open flat salt lake bed.
Daniel Neuman
Oakland CA

Quote from: d0n on July 29, 2006, 09:24:48 PM
is that really driveable?   ??? Safely, at reasonable speeds?  ???
Daniel Neuman
Oakland CA
82 Vision crazybike

d0n

interesting... but why would anyone want to tool around at 5mph on an open salt bed?  ???

MotorPlow

Quote from: d0n on July 29, 2006, 11:17:09 PM
interesting... but why would anyone want to tool around at 5mph on an open salt bed?  ???

The burning man has a lot of people asking that very same question, but every year lots of people do it and it gets bigger every year.

dneuman

Yea you must of missed it last year when we went thru this same thing.
Think of the trike as basically a parade float.  You aren't going to take your parade float on the freeway are you?
All I can say is that even at 5mph its still fun to tool around out there and meet people and check out stuff.

Quote from: d0n on July 29, 2006, 11:17:09 PM
Daniel Neuman
Oakland CA
82 Vision crazybike

Extent

Wow... just wow.

The apocalyptic bob glues some widgits and ends up being lame.

This is so bat s*** insane it has to be cool!

And I agree, this thread is in desperate need of some video clips  ;D
Rider1>No wonder, the Daytona has very sharp steering and aggressive geometry.  It's a very difficult bike for a new rider.
Rider2>Well it has different geometry now.

dneuman

Huh,
  I can't tell if you are insulting me or complimenting me or both???

Quote from: Extent on July 30, 2006, 11:51:10 PM
Wow... just wow.

The apocalyptic bob glues some widgits and ends up being lame.

This is so bat s*** insane it has to be cool!

And I agree, this thread is in desperate need of some video clips  ;D
Daniel Neuman
Oakland CA
82 Vision crazybike

louthepou

I love it!!!

(Those who know me are not surprised).

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Extent

Quote from: dneuman on July 31, 2006, 02:50:39 PM
Huh,
  I can't tell if you are insulting me or complimenting me or both???

Heh, I'm referring to the Cycle World modified vision, which basically had it's tail chopped off and some chrome spikes glued on.  I think that bike is lame.  It's only lightly modified and just trying too hard to look like something it's not (I would know, my bike is exactly the same thing)

Your trike on the other hand, is a different story.  Would I rock it?  Well... no, it's not really my thing, but that dosen't stop it from being totally awesome.  You can bet I'ld be all over that thing trying to figure out how you made it work.  The trike is so over the top that it dosen't matter if you like it or not, it's still totally cool.  That's my opinion at least, nothing but mad props from me :thumbs up:
Rider1>No wonder, the Daytona has very sharp steering and aggressive geometry.  It's a very difficult bike for a new rider.
Rider2>Well it has different geometry now.

d0n

I've been reading alot about the burning man. Before your post I'd never heard of it.

Wow, it sounds like an incredible week. I wanna try it sometime.

I don't understand why they choose to have it in the 100+ degree heat of the desert though.  ???

dneuman

The story goes, that they wanted to make it far away and hard to get to, in some pretty rough conditions to cut down on the amount of people coming.  You have to really WANT to come to make the trip and deal with the heat. Heck, last year there was over 30,000 people there.  Could you imagine how many folks would of shown up if it would of been held somewhere nice and easy to get to?

Quote from: d0n on August 01, 2006, 07:08:04 AM
I've been reading alot about the burning man. Before your post I'd never heard of it.

Wow, it sounds like an incredible week. I wanna try it sometime.

I don't understand why they choose to have it in the 100+ degree heat of the desert though.  ???
Daniel Neuman
Oakland CA
82 Vision crazybike

d0n

Quote from: dneuman on August 01, 2006, 02:25:45 PMCould you imagine how many folks would of shown up if it would of been held somewhere nice and easy to get to?

yeah, like me!  ;D

it's 93 here now and I don't wanna even go outside! So muggy... I'm pretty content indoors with the a/c blowing in my face and drinking screwdrivers.  ;D ;)