News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

MYRTLE BEACH ANTI BIKER STANCE EXPLAINED

Started by kiawrench, July 22, 2009, 11:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiawrench

this link is posted so you guys can read it ,keep in mind some  of these have been cranked even tighter since passing first time,,others are so stupid they refused to print them .

http://www2.scnow.com/scp/news/local/grand_strand/article/new_ordinances_take_effect_in_myrtle_beach/36021/

keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

arthurdent510

That sucks, you'd think they'd be more concerned with all the young teens coming down there for spring break, drinking illegally and causing other problems then a bunch of bikers.  For a town (that as far as I'm aware of) major source of income comes from tourism, spring breaker's, and bike rally's, they'd be a little more conscious about stupid laws they pass.  Word spreads fast...

kiawrench

as you guys read down the list of 100.00 "infractions " you will see one about parking lots and landscaped areas not to be used for parties/food service ,etc. folks that includes tailgating at baseball games, high school football ,church picnics(unless permit was purchased in advance of picnic date), and as one fellow employee found out last week ____ eating lunch while sitting in your own car ___as the cop told him - parking lots are for parking ,anything else is going to get you a ticket, or locked up .

and to think - they raised my property tax to help in covering the cost of enforcing these damn half baked laws.
i can agree to some point with some of the laws, like pay before pumping gas at all gas stations, show id to get motel room , and MAYBE the curfew on teens ,,,, but this stuff gets silly .

based on the wording used in one law : 4 mothers with strollers are walking babies down sidewalk, one stops to rest ,others join her ,waiting for her to be ready to go again- they can all be fined for unlawful public gathering ,or non santioned parade event !!

another: you take kids down to mall to buy clothes, you drop them off, an hour later -go pick them up ,but they arent yet at arranged pick up point, so you ride around the lot ,giving them time to make it to arranged point ,, passing the point the second time, you just qualified for ticket for cruising in pedestrian area!!   

lastly ,, a group of 24 parents go to a high school football game .  deciding to go early and "tailgate "the game , as is a tradition in many places,, a city cop passes the lot ,sees the snack fest going on,, pulls in, asks for public event permit,, lo and behold ,no one has one,, so a ticket is written  24 times,, not once -- everyone  present gets a ticket !!

and the city council wants tourists to know well in advance ,,Myrtle Beach is the family friendly place to vacation!!     

locals are printing t-shirts that tell the truth   Myrtle beach- come on vacation,leave on probation
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

don_vanecek

Gee, a $100 here a $100 there, a $100 everywhere! Not that I ever have or ever will go to it, but one of my co workers gave me a copy of the 2008 Sturgis rally magazine. The mayor of Sturgis has his picture and a big "welcome" on the table contents page, quote, "I hope you enjoy your time in Sturgis and I look forward to seeing you on Main Street!"

I'm sure there are problems associated with the Sturgis rally, but wow your town has sure gone off the deep end on this!! Why would they want to loose all this money? Heck even where I live the Sturgis rally brings in money to gas stations on the way, the motels are used by some of the riders on the way up and back, it's incredible all the traffic on I-29 just accross the river when poeple go up and come back down.

kiawrench

Don,
  all of the losses are still being felt daily ,but so far area buis.owners are posting a loss in the tens of millions-- hotels, diners, sport shops , small bike shops ,hell, even people that rented yard space for trailer parking are short now . the CAR dealership i was working for (by appointment ) is closing down!

on good note-- Mayor John Rhodes of Myrtle Beach can't even get seated in over 95 percent of local eateries!!  Cant book a tee time at majority of golf courses, and was even refused service at the local krispy kreme.  His little posse of relatives, country club golf buddies  and those that owe him a favor or ten are also on the list of barred,or "persona non grata"  customers all around city . Service industry is suffering th emost due to so many tourists not coming in, they are fighting back in only way they can --- but it is working ,, November will finish it off ! ELECTION DAY is coming !!

kiawrench

ha ha !! the fun is never going to end !
now we have a mayor ,a city council a chamber of commerce ,a second chamber of commerce and a former mayor ----all trying to get court orders against one or the the other of the group ,,,meanwhile city cops are refusing to issue tickets on any "unclear "or possible "invalid" laws within the listings and the council minutes of the mystery closed door vote !!

i am keeping lowest profile possible ,,my vision is stripped, and getting the standard fix it up shopping list done .  i even put up a screen , so no one has to see me working on bike in my drive .

kwells

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com