News:

Main Menu

Some good news...

Started by Tiger, July 01, 2007, 09:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) As a lot of the "Family" are aware, Brian_Mathewson, who is one of our...hmmmmm...Senior member's ;) ,  dropped his "V" in June of 2006 while out for a run with several other Vision owner's.
Brian sustained, apart from a few other things, quite a serious shoulder injury, which has required a lot of physio...and pain...to get it working again.
His Vision, well, that needed a near complete "new" front end and some cosmetic work... :o
I have just received this in an e-mail from Brian...

"I went on my first ride today, about 60km. Bike and shoulder working well! I had some initial problems with dirty carbs since I didn't get to put them away properly last year...it was about 3 months before I could drain them for the winter. A little CTC carb cleaner fixed that problem.The only remaining problems are the speedo and the headlight is a little crooked...I guess something else got bent. (accident was 6/20/2006...a little over a year). Feels good to be back on two wheels!!"
Brian

8) I'm sure you, like me, will ALL want to congratulate Brian on a successfull first ride since his mishap some 53 week's ago... :o 8) 8) 8) Well done and welcome back Brian... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

YellowJacket!

Welcome back brian!  Glad you and your vision are doing well.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Aelwulf

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

h2olawyer

That's great news!   ;D   Nice to hear you're back on two motorized wheels!!!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Night Vision

maybe Brian will feel well enough to join your August ride..

glad to see you're back on the horse Brian
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Brian_Matthewson

A 53 week layoff from riding...not good!
Thanks to all the Visionairies who provided parts, advice, and encouragement during my & my V's recovery.
Brian
1982 Vision rider from 1991 to 2012.