News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

another aesthetics question

Started by Bob, March 14, 2002, 01:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

While I?m askin? opinions
After a lot of debates with my mates I was hoping to get other peoples thoughts on what would look better on my 82 vision,
Leather saddle bags or fibreglass panniers?

Lucky

I'm using a pair of saddlebags i bought at a yard sale at a farm...so they're really for a horse, but the reddish tan color goes well with the Vision's red, and the price was 1/10th the cost of bike bags...
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Blake

I actually have a set of Shoei fiberglass saddle bags for my vision.  not on at the moment..dont know if i will put them on.  they looked pretty good, only thing is, is that to mount it, you have to cut a chunk out of your rear plastic (under the seat).   but i personally would go for the hard if your planning on keeping it on there permenantly.  But if your like me and would just like something to throw over for that weekend get-away, i'd go with not so much leather (my personal taste), but those almost nylon looking ones.

My 0.0002 cents..

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

jasonm.

If you ride solo. I suggest a good size tailbag on the seat and a tankbag for a weekend. I got my tailbag for $45 + shipping. It's very nice. The solid bags are good 'cause you can lock them and they are weather-proof. I like the lines of my V's. So a solid bag is something I am trying to avoid.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

XRay_Vision

I have a second set of brand new never used saddle bags made out of NYLON CORDURA that simply attach to one another with two strong velcros that goes over the seat and are secure with strap that attach to the river or passenger foot pegs with quick release mechanism. They are grey with a red and silver reflective stripe. Perfect with a grey Vision! If you or anyone else wants them, they're for sale.

I have an identical black set that I use with my vision. What I like about those is the fact that you don't need to modify the bike in any way and you can carry them easily (each one has a handle on top) and they are firm enough to stand up on the floor.

X-Ray Vision