News:

Main Menu

I think I am addicted

Started by shoetbus, June 09, 2011, 12:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoetbus

I bought my first Vision 2 weeks ago and now I just bought the second one more as a parts bike but it the process I have found 8 more that I am currently looking at. My family thinks I have lost my mind but the are growing on me and it has become like the gremlins the more you feed them the worse they get. Is there a local Vision group I can attend. I am so focused on the Vision right now I have not touched the other bikes. As I read page after page on the forum I keep finding more info and hoping some will turn into knowledge. just a side note If you need parts ask (I will go buy another vision or 7) I found a soft spot in me for these little beasts.
82 Vision
83 Maxim 400
78 BMW R100S
90 Honda XR250r

fret not

Shoetbus, so where do you call home? 
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Re-Vision

Looks like you better find a local chapter of Visionaholic Anonymous, I know because I have ten.    BDC

shoetbus

Minnesota just south of the Twin Cities
82 Vision
83 Maxim 400
78 BMW R100S
90 Honda XR250r

spectre

Haha! "I think I'm addicted"
I've already heard that so many times, and I haven't even been here nearly as long as everyone else.  ;D
What is it about these bikes??  :D
1982 yamaha vision xz550- a work in progress

shoetbus

From what I can tell so far in my very limited experience is that if we think it might just run and we hear it turn over ooooo theres a spark show me some fuel ( I smell it) it's close Damn what a rush I need a cold shower.

Eric
82 Vision
83 Maxim 400
78 BMW R100S
90 Honda XR250r

Lucky

Don't they have to be running or restorable to count? your not allowed to count doner bikes :D
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Brian Moffet

I'm not an addict. I only have 1 Vision. (and no parts bikes)

Lucky

Me either, i can quit any time i want...

kiawrench

iam not a v junkie, i am not a v junkie . 

i bought one , fixed her up, rode her forever , got pounded into a guard rail , built another . i am not a v junkie

i built a bobber , rode it hard , grenaded between my legs and we slid down the road like a badly tossed ball, so i built another . i am not a v junkie

i just spent another 600 rebuilding a decent riding vision, i am not a v junkie

hmmm, i could be out drinking , or getting into bar fights , maybe even hang out with friends and play cards all night ...... nope   rather spend time tinkering with my vision ......... ok.. so i am a v junkie .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

YellowJacket!

Just when you think you are done restoring it you will find something else to do; whether its induced by a wayward gremlin or your own desire to add something new or fix something that you feel just isn't right.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Lucky

Kia, plus you had one backed over by a little old lady in a Caddy...

kiawrench

Lucky- that was the bike that became the bobber project,, stripped her down swapped the euro gear set into the tour bike,then went nuts with sawz-all and welding set.

the tour bike was the same bike used in e-zine article ,, looked a bit like hummer's blue bike,, hard bags, trunk, gps, mp-3 player and assorted other tweaks.  last i saw of that one, i was there to strip anything that could be used on another bike. same day, she was headed to lot yard awaiting crush action
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

dj

You wanna talk about addicts... I haven't been on this forum since around 08 and it just popped in my head today I miss my old V's. Now that is almost a relapse  ;D. If I actually get one again then I can say that it was a relapse...
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

Rikugun

I wonder if it's also missing the Vision community and camaraderie?  :)
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Hartless

i am going through withdrawls right now..... i havnt  had my V fix in almost 3 months...uuughhhh. in shaking it hurts so bad......... :-X
Ride Hartless or stay home

"strive for perfection , settle for excellence"

mdskinner731

im not going to lie i admitt having a "soft" spot for these visions!!! one reason i think y is because any and every thing i need or need to figure out is a few clicks away      unfortunatley i havent had a chance to finish my vision project but "its a work in progress"   :'(   
"he who has the most toys when they die, wins..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if it moves and its not supposed to-duct tape
if it dont move and its supposed to- wd-40
Redneck Law

shoetbus

My addiction grows... Now I am up to 3 and here are the updates 1st vision is now running perfect and just finished putting it back together new black paint.
2nd vision complete tear down after I got it running (needs the carbs finished) took parts to the shop to paint ( this will one will be done in corvette yellow with the factory fairing)
Then their is the new one this is going to be a project maybe buy summer i will be done. Upon getting it to start it has a motor knock so i will have to do a motor swap so whats a guy supposed to do.

Chrome the frame when the motor is out well I do not think the motor will look right with a chrome frame so I will paint the motor to match the paint but I have not decided what color to paint ok now the really bad

It will need complete rear drum and brakes and the pedal is bent. Throttle cable has a brokem mount and I think most of the safty switches have been broke/removed or disconnected.

But the good news is the carbs are good

I need a group. There is another visiony close I think 25 miles

Eric
82 Vision
83 Maxim 400
78 BMW R100S
90 Honda XR250r

QBS

Shoetbus, do not mistake a "motor knock" for a loose starter clutch.