News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

New Vision Rider (Odiy)

Started by odiy, March 19, 2010, 07:20:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

odiy

Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Sean, and I just picked up my first bike last month.
Its a 82 Vision with 24,000 on it.  Got it from someone I work with for $500 bucks.  So far from what I have
heard, I really made out on the deal.  Before I picked up my bike, I have never even sat on a bike, but always
wanted one my whole lilfe, now at the age of 31 my dream has finally come true.  I'm taking the MSF course
next month, until then I have been riding around town with my permit. (I live in upstate NY and the weather is
just starting to get good)  I've got 150 miles so far under my belt.  Only issue I have has thus far is my regulator
was smoking and stopped working.  I replaced that and she runs great now.  I've updated the fuse box from the
old glass fuses to the newer inline fuse holders and fuses.  All I want to do is ride now, it is absolutley addicting
to say the least.  I'm looking forward to going on a couple day trips this year with friends from work.  going to
drive through the adirondaks and catskill mountains. I hope people keep using the forum, it's nice to have a place
to go that is dedicated to your specific bike.  Ride on!

My new baby

Tiger

:) Hi and welcome to the ROV Sean. Don't worry, the ROV has been and will remain around for a long time mate...as long as there are Visions around...LOL

That looks like a nice Vision you have there...congrats.

Good to see you have replaced the old fuses and sorted out your R/R problem.

Night_Vision is just outside Syracuse and will be an invaluable member for you to contact in NY State...He and Joe_Vac 8) Both are long term Visionaries...

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

vadasz1

Don't forget to visit some of your local motorcycle swapmeets as they are a great place to buy odd stuff at great prices.

And congrats on your new ride.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

kiawrench

welcome to the world of ride, fix , and ride again !
i am th eshort person here on th esite, hav ea few tricks to make a vision work for smaller riders, dont know if you fit that model, but hey, at least i offered .
e-bay is good for finding any soft luggage you may want, always a deal or three on there, as far as jackets, or othe rleather goods, i know a site that offers deals that are hard to beat, real leather too, not little patches stiched to make a big sheet , lol
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

kev10104

Welcome Sean and what a nice looking vision.The vision was my first bike as well.I have a red and white 83 and just love it.You'll enjoy it.

akvision

Welcome from Alaska.. and Colorado.  bike is in CO, I live in AK and Fly to ride.

Looks like the heater louvers have been covered.. Take note Raj..
1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

funkamongus

Welcome!! Great looking bike!
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

QBS

odiy, you only think you love it so far.  Wait until you've finished your upstate day trip, then you'll really love it, especially after you go for 2nd gear after taking 1st up to 9.5k rpm.

Things you need to know or find out:  Has the starter clutch been reattached?  Has the starter motor nose oil seal been updated to the spring lip design?  Has the stator connector been hardwired?  Has an inline fuel filter been installed?  Enjoy.  Cheers.