News:

Main Menu

Traded the vision.

Started by inanecathode, April 07, 2010, 01:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inanecathode

Hah well hmm. Theres this one cool site, rot90.com (riders of trail 90 of course) but its full of grumpy old dudes :O

Just kidding of course, i didnt trade the vision. Not yet at least, nos parts are expensive :D
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

supervision

Ben, those those things are cool. Just the other day, I saw one for sale one for sale at Jamestown  Harley Davidson!  650 bucks.  When I was 15, I talked my parents into  letting me buy one with the money I made mowing lawns. It cost 379 brand new in 1967. I can still remember the thrill, riding away from Modesto Honda, on my brand new stinkin bike!
" border="0

Ron_McCoy

Yeah Dave, and hooked ever since. I guess we all have some variation on that tale.
Still loving it.

supervision

I tried hill climbing on that Trail 90, at a place called Saddle Back Park, it was so steep the thing would run out of gas before the top!  I ended up trading it straight across for a Hodaka Ace 90.  That was a serious machine, lot's of power and good suspension. 
" border="0

inanecathode

Put the battery in it today, turned it on and lo the headlight comes on. The oil light comes on, even the horn goes *bert*. The bike needs a tail light lense, and i'm not sure if its charging yet so.

Got some fire today as well. Sanded the points contacts, and the points cam, got them to electrically ground and unground. Put the carb back on (cleaned, of course, didnt hook the fuel up yet so it was dry) spritzed a bit of gas in the intake, cracked the throttle and it definitely ran for a second.
I'll throw some filters at it, put some fuel in it, and see what happens tomorrow.

Oh, amusing note, i simply love the oil capacity. Point 93 liters, which is just about exactly one quart of oil. How cool is that? Changed the oil in the lemans the other day, took 6 freaking quarts of oil. That shit is expensive. I can afford to put fancy pants synthetic in the ct ;)

akvision

Yeah, my first bike... ACE Hodaka 90... $300 bucks... red frame, chrome tank, cool tool box, knobby tires and two ranges.. roadway and Trail.  Very cool,,, but my buddy backed over it with the D-8 Cat.  Had less then 1k miles on it.  Dratt.
1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

inanecathode

Got it running today! New fuel filters, a little starting fluid and it started right up. Set the idle and it just ticks over like brand new.

Got some new chain, gonna fix a fuel leak on the on-carb fuel filter, throw the new chain on, change the oil, and see if i can get the thing to move :)