tornado warning

Started by ps2/bikevision, May 15, 2007, 09:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ps2/bikevision

wow that was a little close. earlier today i was on the board, posting to my computer topic when out of the blue, i hear sirens. wtf, they were calling for t-storms. light rain, not tornados. after just getting this thing back up and going i wasent taking a chance and shut it down.

then the fun began. i went outside to check it out. big mistake. 75+ mph winds were blowing crap everywhere. and me weighing in at 125lbs. didnt take much to litterly blow me off the porch. friendly bush cushioned my fall. inside i went. the storm blew over pretty quick. and after going out to servay the damage.

a limb that my neighbor (step-bro) was just talking about taking down before it took the neighbors behind us fence down. he has already had to fix it several times in the past from limbs from our trees falling on it. so he tends to like this side of the road. well that limb is down now. no need to get the chain saw out now. its all in the neighbors field.  ;D and the fence is ok :D :D.

limbs all over, the tarp on my truck, covering the cab from where i started to make it a convertable. well that tarp is gone. inside of my truck is trashed. the fence in our back yard took a limb, taking a chunk out of it. and a bunch of my moms flowers were trashed. but other than that we faired better than some.

about 20 miles from here a tornado touched down. no damage reports as of yet. we just had high winds here. guess well'll find out tommarow the damages at work if any.

Night Vision

that is one thing I don't want to experience... I think it would be even more terrifying at night when you can't see it coming.. glad to hear you dodged this one..

thankfully tornadoes and canes aren't common here.. we did have a tiny earthshake a couple of years ago...
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

h2olawyer

Glad you weren't hurt and the damages sound minor.

We can get about any weather phenomenon around here - except hurricanes.  In the Summer of 1979, we had a hail storm that dropped hailstones the size of grapefruits.  In the late 90s, we had a rainstorm that dumped 14 inches in 12 hours.  Major flash flooding killed 5 people & caused lots of damage.  We used to be good for one blizzard a year - haven't had but 2 or 3 in the last 10 years, though.  In the late 80s, I remember going to bed one night - no snow on the ground.  Woke up the next morning to 3 feet of heavy, wet snow.

I've seen funnel clouds here a few times, but thankfully, the tornadoes normally form a little farther east of town.  Of all these storms, I'll take a blizzard any day.  You have time to go out and assess the impact as it occurs & you can take preventive measures as it continues.  Normally, nothing is necessary but on occasion, you need to get up on the roof & shovel some of the snow off.  Sure, it's cold & the winds are at least 35MPH, but things aren't generally flying around trying to decapitate or impale you!

Stay safe & hunker down!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

dj

glad to hear that you are okay.
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)