When you decide to ride a Goldwing...

Started by supervision, July 08, 2007, 01:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

Ron's avatar is a picture of him raising the wheel on his Vision.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Aelwulf

I've had the front up on mine a few times.  Mind you about none of 'em were intentional and it was just a small amount but if you wanted to and had it down could probably wheelie 'em without a problem.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

Lucky

as of last month, it's now illegal to wheelie a motorcycle in Tn...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Ron_McCoy

You'd be a lot better off to buy an ST 1300 than to strip a Goldwing. Nice and comfortable (ask my wife)for touring, handles like a much smaller bike, amazing brakes, and, in first gear anyway, wheelies are just a twist of the throttle away.  Also much less expensive than a Goldwing. 

h2olawyer

Being a Yamaha fan, I'll take an FJR1300 for those same reasons.  The new Kaw Concourse 1400 is supposed to be pretty sweet as well.  Still, an old Goldwing can be bought for $3 - 4K.  Can't find an ST, FJR or any other newer sport tourer for anywhere near that price. Might see about getting an 80s Venture & stripping it down.  There are quite a few around that need lots of body work - plus, you can get a lot of V-Max performance parts the work on the Venture engine.

No particular reason I like Yamahas - just that they've always seemed to be the company that produces bikes I really like.  Hondas are great machines, but something about their styling just doesn't bring out quite as much excitement for me.  I really like my friend's VFR800, but there are other bikes in the same general price range that I'd rather have.  Tough to beat Honda for parts availability on older models, though.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

Can get a Sprint ST for around 4k but it isnt the moving couches that the ST, FJ, or goldwings are.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Ron_McCoy

The main thing about the ST is that it fits a guy my size much better than the others mentioned, even the Venture.  As for the moving couch thing........ Yeah, but it moves really fast, especially for two up      riding.

kwells

yah...they do move...they are more on the tour side of sport-tour....sprint is more the sport side
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com