What a wonderful day today was....SARCASTIC

Started by YellowJacket!, March 03, 2008, 05:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

Well, Last week had to be taken to the ER while at work because my BP went through the roof and today, I was right back down there again but this time not for my BP.

We had a code blue today just outside the Respiratory Therapy department where I work.  I ran into the department to get the supplies and the housekeeper with the IQ of a retarded newt had mopped the floor and did not put up any signs.  So, for a brief moment in time, I looked lie an NHL hockey player who just drank 2 cases of beer.  My first fleething thought was tuck and roll which goes back to my jump training in military school...which I did.  And as I tucked and pulled in, I came down on my knee with an ear shattering pop!  Continued to roll/slide and narrowly missed hitting my head on a wall.  Now, heres where it gets funny.  My boss and our secretary heard me fall as well as the cussing that followed and came running in to see what happened.  The first thing I could think of was yell WET FLOOR!! and they stopped before they hit the wet spot.  I was curled up in a ball cussing and holding my knee and of course, they were doing their best, as healthcare professionals are trained, to keep me form moving.  So, as I am laying there on the floor in agonizing pain thinking my leg is going to be amputated, the F'ing housekeeper continues to mop all around me.  I'm talkin pushing the mop right up to me and making a little circle around me.  My boss told her "you need to leave this department RIGHT NOW!" ( I think she though if I could have grabbed the mop, I would have impaled her with it.

So, I was carefully lifted up into a wheelchair and whisked off to employee health then the ER then Xray.  Got about 10 differnt Xrays...after my Head CT scan last week, my radiation badge is going to glow like my Visions headlight.  Oh, and did I mention that I rode YJ to work today.  Yep, was a beautiful 45 degree morning and supposed to be in the 70's do Riding season started today for me.  And as I'm laying there on the table with my leg all wrapped up, I'm thinking to myself  "how the heck am I going to get home tonight?!"
As it turns out, nothing was broken but my patella (kneecap) was displaced a bit so I have this awful grinding feeling when I move my leg.  Employee health wrapped it up in an ace bandage and streapped an Ice pack on to it and told me to go home.  So, I got dressed and tried to figure out how to zip my chaps with a bulging ice pack on my leg and after a little creative manipulation got it to work.  Since it was my left leg, getting onto YJ was a sight to behold.  I slid back in the seat as far a s I could to stif leg shift and made it almost the whole way home....almost.

As I was about 1 mile form my house (y'all know what happens within one mile of your house, don't you?) this idiot in a burban pulls out across traffic and cuts the car off in front of me.  Yep, you bet.  But, I saw it coming and my advanced rider course training kicked in before the ER gremlins could grab ahold of me again.  The car swerved into my lane but I had already downshifted and was moving to the right,  Downshifted a bit too far because I layed down one hell of a rubber line form my Avons.  Dual calipers performed wuite well and I was able to get upright and lean to the right to finish my swerve with out high siding it.  This s where my FIAMM horn made me proud.  Of course the A$$ Hole who was driving th eburban and talking on her cell phone had the audacity to stick her arm out the window and flip us off!!  I regained my composure and waited for an opportunity to turn left and head back towards home.  A little shaken but alive.  The irony of it all was that I still had on the Hospital ID bracelet that they put on me in the ER.  LOL

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

kiawrench

D U D E  ! ! !  Are you absolutely sure we aren't related??
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Brian Moffet

I certainly hope you get an employee discount! 

Brian

YellowJacket!

Quote from: kiawrench on March 03, 2008, 06:00:42 PM
D U D E  ! ! !  Are you absolutely sure we aren't related??

We ARE both named David ...LOL

David

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Brian Moffet on March 03, 2008, 07:04:21 PM
I certainly hope you get an employee discount! 

Brian

Falls (no pun intended) workmans comp.
The last person it happened to (same housekeeper also) was out for 16 weeks!
I'm off tomorrow anyway but I may call in Wed.  Its swelling pretty bad now.  Kinda reminds me of the old man in the restaraunt on "50 First Dates".

David

Night Vision

Quote from: YellowJacket! on March 03, 2008, 07:07:37 PM

The last person it happened to (same housekeeper also) was out for 16 weeks!

sounds like someone needs a time out

Quote from: YellowJacket! on March 03, 2008, 07:07:37 PM

Its swelling pretty bad now.  Kinda reminds me of the old man in the restaraunt on "50 First Dates".

sounds like someone needs a time out
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

inanecathode

You need to start a hit list.
Housekeeper
Suburban driver
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Tiffanator

Dave... are we going to have to confine you to a padded room with one of those motorcycle video games from Chucy Cheese? No wait... You'd fall off and crack your head open on something. HAHA.  ;)
Sorry to hear about your bad day. Hopefully things will get better from here. Sorry.. couldn't help but laugh at the IQ of a retarded newt bit... hehe. Oh.. and your luck sounds a lot like mine.
Get well soon.
Tiffanator
First time restorer

YellowJacket!

I have a 50' roll of bubble wrap at home.  I think I may roll myself up in it the next day I go to work.

David

vadasz1

Dave , look at it this way:

Trouble always comes in threes.  So the bitch in the suburban was your third trouble for the year so from now on you should only have good luck.

BTW goodluck on getting that Head of Department position they are talking about.......... ::) :P  ;)
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

dlock

Let's see - I am a Dave and I ride a Vision.... AM I in trouble too?

Ruh Roh

I'm thinking - tie a roller skate under bum leg/foot and continue 'cycling...

good luck

Walt_M.

I thought for a minute it was going to be the much dreaded 'Tuesday Curse'. I have noticed for quite a few years now(more than 20) that when something bad happens, it is usually on Tuesday. Anyone remember 9/11? Anyway, this past Tuesday I was working on getting a new distribution feeder line in service. I commented to the electricians I was working with that I didn't really want to do it on Tuesday because of the curse. They kind of chuckled but we proceeded. Then, just as the distribution dispatcher was about to close the breaker and energize the line, he said 'what happened? I just lost Orangewood Substation!' It was true and one of the main feeds to International Drive in Orlando was out. Of course our work was stopped and the crews had to go to Orangewood. My curse is still alive!
Whale oil beef hooked!

YellowJacket!

The housekeeper came to our department the other day and told me how sorry she was for me getting hurt.  She said that she was so embarrassed that she kept mopping arond me whild I was on the floor.  She thought she was in shock.
Anyway, heres the funny part.  She came back a while later and told all of us she was going to mop the department.  I went to the back of the department to my locker and got out my helmet and riding jacket, put them on and walked back into the break room and said "OK, Im ready now!".  We all laughed so hard we could not breathe! (pretty bad for a bunch of respiratory therapists)
My knee is healing.  Nothing seriously broken.  I went for a checkup and all seems to be OK but I still cant bend it all the way and it hurts pretty bad to kneel on it.  Im OK to ride though.  Its actually easier to ride YJ than the Civic with a clutch. Wife is driving the Accord now.
David