News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Virginia Beach Run for the Cure

Started by Jeff, April 30, 2003, 04:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Last Sunday was the annual Run for the Cure Cancer poker run in Virginia Beach.  10 of us Coast Guard riders decided to enter and have a day on the bikes.  What a great time!! :)
 I hope I represented the v community well too... I had the only vision in about 200 bikes there and even wore my cool t-shirt right next to the hog riders and there bikes and shirts..
I spent the day saturday cleaning and polishing and tweeking to get her looking and running as good as new, well almost.. ;D YICS went out that wednesday before...thanks for the advice D.T.  
 Got to the starting point of the run and parked right in front so every one rode right past the v...She even turned a few heads(wasn't me I'm sure) and had some folks wonder over impressed with it...All said it was well ahead of it time and wished they had bought one when they had the chance.
 First leg of run we left the starting point with all the bikes out of the parking lot at once...What fun to be in a run with 200 other bikes.....We pulled into a little trading post 20 miles down the road that barely had room in the parkin lot for all of us..Probably more of us than in the whole town of Pungo....
 Second leg sucked....we got turned around and fell into another poker run and ended up at the wrong check point..Took us about 1hr 40 minutes to make a leg that was 20 miles  wasn't happy ended up going from one housing devepolment to the next until we found our way...We were the last group to check in.. >:(
Third leg wasn't bad but some 6 lane city streets that sucked....bad.... :(
Last leg went from the 6 lanes to the horse farm country and was cool...again last to check in and no tables for us to sit at ad the resturant...so we odered 90 wings and pushed our way to the door prize table.  We hadn't eaten since 8:00am so the 7 of us tore up the wings and three big plates of fries.... :)
None of our group won any door prized or raffles but the food was great and nobody fell down and nobodys bike broke....V ran good all day and started everytime...'thanks Lucky' and the stator kept on going even at idle when the temp was up enough to turn the fan on...'thanks D.T.)
 The 70 mile run turned into 150 miles with getting there and home plus the little goof on direction and the v didn't miss a step...We're looking at the next event now...maybe next time there will be more than one v bike..(if my 16 yr old son passes his safety course!!)
Jeff
Chesapeake VA.

Blake

Hey Jeff,

Next time theres an event like that let me know.  Im up here in northern virginia and am definately always looking for a reason to ride.   Heck..  maybe we can get 3 down there in VA beach!

Blake
Woodbridge, VA
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

Jeff

Sure thing Blake..I'll keep you posted.  Would sure like to have another v bike in the pack.
jeff