Sport Fairing Windshield Replacement

Started by kwells, July 09, 2012, 01:21:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwells

Just looking into some replacement options for Euro Blackie's windshield.

Anyone bought anything from Gustaffson?
http://www.bikescreen.com/products.asp?cat=83
I'm assuming the 1/4 fairing is for the Sport fairing and not the Shark fairing but not sure on that either.

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

johnclemens

they make very good windshields. I have bought half a dozen race screens over the years.
I have only bought clear ones and they are very clear. They used to come undrilled though. you have to use a special drill bit or the plastic will crack. If its not drilled, buy the bit from them when you order the screen.

Rick G

Gustaffson wind shields are very good, I have one on my Vision. Not only do you need  the special drill bit, you need a bit of luck too! mine cracked in the lower left corner . I suspect I did not support the windshield well enough. I used a clear caulk to to secure the broken corner , its not very visible.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Kenny

I have purchased a couple of windscreens from them & find they are easy to deal with.
         Cheers Ken S.
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

fret not

2 ways to drill holes in plxiglas windshields, 1) use a dull bit so it creates some heat and melts it's way through the plastic, 2) use high speed like a Dremel or die grinder, and always firmly back the area where you are drilling.  This can require using a counter sink or larger drill bit to just ease the edges of the holes so there are no sharp edges or lumps at the holes.

I think the drill bits sold for this are sharpened to a slightly negative angle so they scrape and not cut. 
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!