SO...it's a holiday weekend. What rides do you guys have planned?

Started by kwells, August 31, 2007, 06:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwells

My girl is outta town so I get to have my way with my bikes :o
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Tanno

Industrial Technician by trade -- Curiosity by nature, tinkerer by choice.
"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown

h2olawyer

Have some things going this weekend - both bike & non-bike related, but I should be able to fit a ride in.

Inanecathode needs some help swapping tires from his parts bike to his "new" 83.  Told him I can do it anytime Tuesday or later - if I have to take the tire machine to him.  However, if we stop by his place as a group, we could do it without the tire machine.  Hardest part would be breaking the beads.  Vision tires almost fall off & on the rims.  Think I can fit the spoons & balancing stuff in my tank bag.  I am out of weights & am running low on "Tire Snot", though.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

uhem....his bikes are actually at my place...haha...so I guess I DO have 4 Visions(3 82s and an 83) presently and a Triumph. 

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

Well, that puts a whole new spin on the deal.  He offered food as an inducement - it worked.  However, if I need to venture into Denver traffic, I'll want fuel $$ as well.   :D  I enjoy the drive to Blackhawk, but Denver traffic sucks.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

haha...well maybe he has plans to come get both bikes with his truck and take them to blackhawk....eitherway I have a grill and can mess the apt up as I please so all are welcome.  You'll have to work out the $$$ with shaggy.  I just didnt want a bike up on blocks whilst wheels got swapped unless we were literally right there doing the work.

www.wellsmoto.com

Lucky

Well, it thought i'd just hop on the bike & ride!...to work..

But Hey! after that.. i''l Ride... from work, home...

::)
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

h2olawyer

Working out the details with Shaggy.  right now, we're on for Tuesday afternoon - but may find time this weekend if our scheduled mesh.

:D ;D  GO RAMS - BEAT CU!   :D ;D
H2O

kwells

yeah..i think he works all weekend...but I know Im gonna do some riding...now to just figure out that twisty road I have yet to hit!

www.wellsmoto.com

mdskinner731

"he who has the most toys when they die, wins..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if it moves and its not supposed to-duct tape
if it dont move and its supposed to- wd-40
Redneck Law

h2olawyer

That is one major long ride.  McClure Pass (Glenwood to Hotchkiss) is an amazing road.  Then, the road on the North side of the reservoir & Black Canyon of the Gunnison is even better.  Perhaps two of the best motorcycle roads in the state.  It's more than one day from my house, though.  You gotta remember I'm an hour or more North of you.  Driven McClure Pass many times.  It goes right by the town of Marble, where much of the stone in the Washington DC monuments came from.

I'm thinking of doing Snowy Range before the snow hits up there.  Could happen any time.  My ride there last year was about this time of year & there was slush on the road & a good 2 or 3 inches of snow on the unpaved ground.  If I do the loop from Walden, it's about 400 miles.  If I go SE from Laramie to Ft. Collins on US 287, it cuts a good 100 miles & 2 hours off the trip.

H2O

Tanno

Industrial Technician by trade -- Curiosity by nature, tinkerer by choice.
"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown

kwells

well I could do TWO rides this weekend ya know...when u thinking of doing snowy range?

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

Looks like Jim (Honda VFR owner) and I will be doing either the Snowy Range or Estes Park - Idaho Springs - Berthoud Pass - Granby - Trail Ridge sometime this coming week.  Weekday traffic is much more to our liking - even though Snowy Range doesn't get much traffic, Labor Day is busy everywhere.

H2O

kwells

ah ok...well I'll be back at work for that one then...will find something out this way to hit

www.wellsmoto.com

kwells

So, I think I'll do my long ride tomorrow but was thinking about something up your way H20.  Have any ideas about that?  May just do RMNP(bbq on the way of course).  I laid on the couch yesterday and woke up fairly late today. 

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

Been away from the computer today.  Just read your message.  Got some plans for this afternoon, but will be taking a late afternoon - evening ride.  Maybe a Monday ride?

H2O

h2olawyer

Met up with kwells this evening about 6 PM.  We rode around Horsetooth Reservoir & hten headed to CB&Potts - a brewpub close to my house.  A lot of good appetizers & one beer later, we left.  kwells is currently enroute back to Littleton.  He is on his Sprint, so night interstate riding isn't quite as "interesting" as it would have been on his Vision.

We're talking about getting together Monday for a ride.  Tanno & Shaggycathode - you're both invited.  Would be great to have four Visions together for an impromptu planned ride!  Figured some foothills riding like St. Vrain Canyon, Peak to Peak, Estes Park for BBQ, etc.

H2O

kwells

Im back....already walked the dogs...now can catch up on some emails and forum posts...good hangin with you H2

www.wellsmoto.com