News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

SO...it's a holiday weekend. What rides do you guys have planned?

Started by kwells, August 31, 2007, 06:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h2olawyer

Always fun with kwells!  Even when he decides to ride the Sprint.   ::)

Think I'll swap R/Rs in the AM.  Shouldn't take too long.  Just don't like the voltage fluctuations I'm getting.  Will probably go with the one from Tractor for now.  Only have 5 from which to choose.  Then I'll need to do a good test ride.  Giving some serious consideration to Snowy Range Road.  We could meet in Walden - at the Shell or Conoco station - they're right across the street from each other.

From Walden, head North - take a left @ Three Way, head on North to Encampment / Riverside, over Snowy Range to Centennial, East into Laramie & then US287 South into Ft. Collins.  Last year, in wet, cold & slushy weather - with a long stop in Walden to warm up - Jim & I made the loop from Ft. Collins & back home in about 6 hours.  Weather is supposed to be very nice Monday.  If I get the R/R swapped early, I could be in Walden around 10 - 10:30AM.  It's about 2 hours from my front door.  Late lunch in Laramie - then it's only an hour from there to Ft. Collins, then the extra hour or so for you into Denver.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.