Personal XZ Records :)

Started by Stuman, March 13, 2007, 05:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuman

Hi! I am interesed of your xz's fuel consumation and top speed personal records....  :)

I'll be the first.  :)
Top speed 190km/h - 5th gear (there are more rpm to redline ;D) i think 200-210 is possible.  :)
170-175km/h on 4th gear to the redline (i'll never do it again! ::)).  :)
Fuel consumation:
80km\h - 3.9l per 100km
120km\h - 4.2l per 100km
140km\h - 4.6l per 100km
over 150km\h - 5l per 100km
urban - 6l per 100km 

Regards!  ;)   

kwells

for us on that crazy US system 190km/h is about 119mph
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

don_vanecek

Well don't want to encourage speed contests, lets just say a V should do 95 mph easy if your front end doesn't start shaking at about 80 (a problem I have posted on before-trouble is you have to go that fast to find out if you solved the problem)!

I kept very careful records from a highway trip I took last summer and got 47 mpg for a 650 mile trip, mostly at speeds of 65-68mph.

Around town I think I get in the upper 30's.

kwells

when I was 17 I did manage to hit the rev limiter in 5th gear once...

mph???speedo said 85 or so...so i couldnt have been speeding that much

www.wellsmoto.com

Stuman

ooooh i missed...65bhp version with fairing  :)
When rideing fast i don't feel any shakeing in the front. I can notice 160km/h is easy to reach. Then the bike start getting sweat.  ;D 120km/h is the perfect speed i think.  :) The engine sounds good and it is fast and nicely. With not any kind of "high speed stress".  :)

h2olawyer

Summer of 84 I had the speedo needle buried & near redline on the tach.  Maybe around 105 MPH?  Took a while after I unwound the throttle for the speedo dial to start its downward run.  Haven't had the urge to see how fast it will go ever since then - even after installing the 83 (140MPH) speedo.  Have seen 90 MPH indicated on that speedo a couple times, though.

I took fuel mileage records over several years.  Didn't break it down by type of riding, speeds, etc.  Solid 43 MPG over about 4,000 miles.  Very little difference between mountain twisties & urban riding.  Wide open highway riding @ 65 - 70 MPH, it seems to get better mileage but that's just an educated guesstimation, no actual records to back it up.  I just don't ride very many miles on those types of roads.   ;D

US spec Vision top speed is 113 MPH.  www.ridersofvision.net/News/RoadTest/roadtest.html

EDIT:  The tapered roller bearing upgrade for the steering eliminated all headshake at all speeds for me - at least up to 85 or 90, anyway.

H2O

If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Blake

top speed is 109.8 on US gearing...Used a bicycle programmable speedo (used the circumference of the front tire-most accurate way)....havent been on a nice stretch of highway since putting in the Euro gears...I'll have to take care of that  ;D   Had the speedo pegged way past the 85mph max a few times..but didnt have the bicycle speedo hooked up to measure the max. Oh, and the 109 was with no fairing and 82 risers trying to tuck down as much as possible.  still had room to go but ran out of safe road on a bridge where i could see everything ahead and behind me for 1/2 mile.
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

BREWSKI

Don,t think I would try that with my $100.00 Bell helmut  Brewski....
GEORGE BATES

Lucky

for me it has to do more with the view getting there & the amount of lean in the curves.  not so much pegging the speedo...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

haunter

I had peg'd my speedo here and there passing on I-55 up near chicago(people drive FAST up there when its not a gridlock, gotta average it out somehow I guess?!)

I never managed to get more than maybe 43 MPG but my V always had problems
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

kwells

I-55 going toward chicago is where my vision got pegged too....not too smart really since it's always under construction.  Go IDOT!

www.wellsmoto.com

Mutt

Quote from: BREWSKI on March 14, 2007, 06:13:40 AM

Don,t think I would try that with my $100.00 Bell helmut  Brewski....

Maybe a 900.00 helmet?  :P

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Mutt

Pegged mine yesterday. It'll be awhile before I can work up the courage to do it again. No head shake but plenty of back country biologicals around.

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

h2olawyer

At least this time of year, most of those back country biologicals aren't wearing antlers!   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

MotorPlow

I have installed a BikeBrain (http://motorplow.blogspot.com/search?q=bikebrain) on my Vision. It's a bicycle speedometer on steroids. Uses the circumference of the tire for accuracy. My top speed so far was 98mph as I was passing another vehicle on a 2 lane road. The ass decided to speed up and try to not let me pass. As the road was coming into a curve, he braked before I did. It seems, that a motorcycle is just a little more agile in the twisties than a Ford taurus. FYI, No head shake - Upgraded to roller bearings.

kwells

touched on 100 yesterday on 285 while following an f350 diesel

www.wellsmoto.com