News:

Main Menu

It runs again!

Started by Jimustanguitar, October 05, 2012, 12:55:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimustanguitar

It's been several weeks, and I've done a lot of work, but finally I have my Vision running again! I replaced the head gaskets, cylinder base gaskets, lapped the valves, honed the cylinders, adjusted my valves, and lots of other things that I'm probably forgetting about.

I'm pretty sure that I solved my problem, because I pulled the carbs off without touching the idle screw, and upon reassembly I'm running at over 4k. I don't think I had much of the rear cylinder at all before.

It's rainy and late here, but tomorrow after work will be a nice evening of test and tune :)

Hartless

Congrats man! Happy (and safe) riding!
Ride Hartless or stay home

"strive for perfection , settle for excellence"

fret not

Cheers dude!  Way to go.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Tiger

8) Always great to know about another Vision on the road to recovery... 8)

8) ....... TIGER ....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

pullshocks

That is great to hear.
Can you give a rough estimate of how long it took to pull the engine, and how long to reinstall?

Jimustanguitar

Just in time to winterize it too... yay...

Rikugun

Quote from: Jimustanguitar on October 05, 2012, 09:12:31 AM
Just in time to winterize it too... yay...
LOL Doesn't it just figure? Oh well, I'm sure you'll get a few days of nice riding in before that happens. Congrats on a job well done.  :)
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan