News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Amazing

Started by h2olawyer, November 10, 2007, 01:16:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

h2olawyer

Another beautiful day in North Central Colorado.  I met up with kwells at IMI Motorsports again for yet another track day.  The day was warm & sunny - temps in the low 70s!  This is November?!?  Supposed to have some minor weather Monday & then more 60+ days next week.  May have to ride up to Estes Park for some Barbecue!  Getting close to rolling over the 15,000 mile mark on my V - lifetime, not this year.  Only about 2,700 miles for the season so far.  Want to try to get to 3,000 before I put her away for the year.

Track was fun until it got overpopulated with karts.  Can't really complain, after all - it IS a kart track.  Eleven turns in one mile.  I can get the V to over 60 on the back stretch.  Someone who really knows how to ride could probably get a little over 70.  You come off a tight hairpin onto that straight.  The karts can do a lap in about 55 seconds.  Sportbikes are closer to 1:10.  I'm probably closer to 1:20  - but I have fun!  Every time out, I get closer to the edge of the tires, so i am improving.  Hopefully, I'll have a track prepped V for next year.  Then I won't be quite so worried about scratching it up or bending / breaking parts as I am with Silver V.

Hope everyone else is having a great end of season!   8)

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

supervision

Alright, way to go boys!!  I know what you mean about the weather, too. I had a day off work on Wed., so took my V for a blast around the country to the east of my house.
" border="0

ironb12s

I'm glad that y'all are riding, even if I can't right now.  I have the Bandit down for the 60K maintenance, took the signal gen cover and starter gear cover off, to get them re-chromed, and waiting for one more piece of body plastic to arrive.  Tank is off, plugs are out to be replaced, and the one tool that I need for the valve adjustment (the 4mm squaredrive) is in a toolbox in CO.  Might be Xmas before I can get that bike on the road again.  Speaking of which, I need to run back out and drain the float bowls...   :o

The good news is I may be gainfully employed again shortly.  And, by next Spring, you'd likely have an ROV in the Pittsburgh area...   ;D
SOC-UK 19744*MIG 821*IBA 9200*AMA 580210
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Book: "She don't look like much."
KayLee: "'Ah-uh, she'll fool ya."

Tiger

:o Just goes to prove that the silver "V" is the fastest, by the very fact that H2O has to have a parachute fitted for his track day extra braking need's...Go H Go ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Night Vision

Quote from: Tiger on November 10, 2007, 05:44:15 PM
:o Just goes to prove that the silver "V" is the fastest, by the very fact that H2O has to have a parachute fitted for his track day extra braking need's...Go H Go ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

isn't the parachute to Stop H Stop ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

h2olawyer

Too bad I didn't get a chance to use the parachute - the straight isn't long enough to be a dragstrip!  Silver is fastest - even with the extra baggage!

Actually, that bag is holding my spare armored pants so kwells has something between the asphalt & his skin besides jeans.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

ironb12s

Shoot, tell Mister Wells to get his OWN dammm riding gear.  Properly fitted, too.    ;)
SOC-UK 19744*MIG 821*IBA 9200*AMA 580210
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Book: "She don't look like much."
KayLee: "'Ah-uh, she'll fool ya."

glennw

kwells... I kinow you can ride.. but...I wan't to see your Vision tires look lie that!
Half Mad Max

kwells

yah, I agree.  Next time I head there I'll bring the V.  Need to put on some new fork seals or I'll have an oil geyser every time I hit the brakes.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com