News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

NEUTRAL LIGHT is backwards? green when in gear

Started by scootertramp, May 19, 2004, 02:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scootertramp

OY! and damnation! what have I done NOW????
ahahahah!
I found me a RR (20$)and I hooked it up and it's charging within specs! YAY!!!!!
Buttah, I have scwooed up somewhere...
The green  neutral light says it's in gear when it's NOT and vice-versa.. what have I done?
somebody hep' me please!
VROOOM!
IT's a VISION.   82. 550. water-cooled and shaft drive.
yes'm water-cooled just like a car.
No. no chain. it has a shaft drive like a car.
well no mamm I don't wish i had a car.
well, when it rains I have to find a dry spot.
cause this is a

Lucky

most likely it's a simple wire mix up, the oil sending wire & neutral light wire are reversed. (I may have read the wire diagram wrong)  just swap the wires, no dammage is possable.
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

scootertramp

really strange...
I had them backwards once and then I  noticed the oil light would come on when in neutral and whatnot.. So  I switched them back, THEN the green light came on when the bike was IN GEAR and I said whaaa?
whooo? whyyyy?
then I said FOK it and wheeled it down the ramp offen my porch and pushed it backwards a few feet to turn it around. I guess when I pushed it backwards whatever it was went back to normal cAUSE now IT WORKS CORRECTLY. AHAHAHA!
it crunk up every time I stopped and I mean VROOM!
then it cut off for NO REASON  and the lights would work and the horn would HONK and the horn is a LOT louder now too but the dang thang would'nt crank or even turn over.. and I was P.O'd big time  cause it had been workin' PERFECTLY and I  just knew the stator had gone or locked up or worse and OY,OY,OY!then I  noticed the cutoff switch was depressed. DOHP! uh duh!
.  :P :P :P ::)
so THANKS  to the dudes (and you all know who you are) that helped me for no other reason than to get a BRO into the wind..
It was GRRREAT! my first ride since last summer..
new tires and a spare stator and RR and a few tools and I'm going for a longish ride..
LONGISH that is..
NO oil leak and it purrs like a big ol' 20 year old kitty-kat..
idles way better too.
thanks RON for well... you know..
Thanks everyone.. VROOOM,VROOM! 8)
IT's a VISION.   82. 550. water-cooled and shaft drive.
yes'm water-cooled just like a car.
No. no chain. it has a shaft drive like a car.
well no mamm I don't wish i had a car.
well, when it rains I have to find a dry spot.
cause this is a

kiawrench

scoot,, are you sure we arent related?
    you fix and fix, ride a few and fix a lot more, persistant fella ,,,, lol
  vision is a mean beast when broken,, but so good when working to design
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .