News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Seat Cover

Started by rockinjer, July 18, 2010, 02:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don_vanecek

Oh dear, all this talk about seat covers, I guess it's time to replace my current seat with the electrical tape over a few of the seams with the almost 100% perfect original seat I bought two years ago and have stored in the basement-of course I suppose as tuf as these Vision's are I will need to pull this post up in a few years and see how to replace that ;D seat cover!

Hartless

thanks yellowjacke t that fabric is great my butt sticks to it well. i also put 1.5 more inches of foam more cushy for my tushy.its like im riding in luxery now...haha
Ride Hartless or stay home

"strive for perfection , settle for excellence"

rockinjer

Quote from: Hartless on July 22, 2010, 10:59:08 AM
put a new cover  on the seat. its a braided vinyl. did not tuck the edges though. we will see when it begins to rip

looks great man maybe next time ill use that kind of stuff
1982 XZ550

Hartless

thanks  Rockinjer, you as well  and thanks for the motivation  to get off my lazy a** and do it haha
Ride Hartless or stay home

"strive for perfection , settle for excellence"

don_vanecek

Well I put the spare seat on Sunday, it sure looks nice and appears it will be more comfortable then the one I took off (that had already been recovered once by our former ROV member in Kansas who I think has since sold off his Vision).

In some ways I almost hated putting it on as it is in such great original shape, I will never find such an original seat again! But, hell, time to wear it out.

Put my manometer on Sunday also, happy to say that was probably a waste of time, Although I messed with it for awhile they were so close I don't know that I improved on the syn at all when I was done.

I also cleaned off my battery terminals as I had one day a strange dead spot, they were getting abit dark and certainly could have momentarily lost contact, they are shiny now. 

Have the Vision at work today, it ran great this morning!     

sunburnedaz

I used the same material when I re-did the cover of the F4i seat.

Original

Replacement

I gave away all my extra black material and the other day I found a cigarette burn on the Vision's seat so now I need to go back to get more.
1982 Yamaha XZ550 - Almost bone stock
2005 Honda F4i - Nothing stock
98 ZX-6R Track Bike
1998 Chevy truck - AKA recovery truck