News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

sunny california!

Started by steve, January 20, 2008, 02:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve

I just rode my first long ride this year and it was such gorgeous weather!!!  I rode Friday nite from Santa Rosa to Morgan Hill to see my brother and dad.  Saturday we went to a convention in San Jose and then I rode back home to Lake County.  Okay, it was almost all freeway driving which I don't like much but the weather was bright and clear and in the mid 60's I think which is pretty nice for January.  There must have been hundreds of thousands of people walking across the Golden Gate bridge and as many sail boats on the bay.  Here it is on Sunday and the weather.com is saying we are in for rain, snow, and very cold weather for the next ten days.  I guess my timing was perfect! 8)

h2olawyer

ANY day on your V is a good day -- even when racking up interstate highway miles!   ;D

Wish I'd brought my V to Phoenix, but there wasn't really any time to ride.   :'(  Spent three days sorting out the Formula Mazda & trying to make it as competitive as the car he wrecked last summer.  When we finally got the corner weighting all balanced & the ride height set, his times were getting much more competitive.  Friday, we were about 7 or 8 seconds slower than the fastest cars in the class.  Closed that gap to 6 tenths by today.  It's amazing what you can learn for chassis setup by taking tire temps @ outside edge, middle & inside edge of each tire, changes in tire pressure over a long run & checking the undercar rub strip for proper wear.

Low 60s here for highs since Thursday.  A couple mornings right at 32 (F).  Leaving @ 7AM for the long drive back to Ft. Collins.  Should be back home between 1 & 2 AM (Tuesday morning).  Heard it was 34 (F) there for a high today.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

inanecathode

A balmy high of 35 degrees up here today. Got to clean the bike shed out of loose fiberglass and install battery tenders on the goldwing and the v. Thinking about working on the v in there on warm days, lighting sucks though with only one incandescent lamp. Anyone local have any fluorescents they arent using ;)
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

VisionMeister

It's awesome to get to do such a ride at this time of year.
We have snow here a Pine Grove today. I bet the McCoys have snow at Tehachapi also.
I'm goning to suggest late April or early May for a CROV ride base at the Rohnert Park area. Do you think this is late enough in the spring for reasonable conditions at the coast?

steve

May is almost summer here and should guarantee great weather.  April is sooner but sometimes can be rainy although usually very nice weather.  Early May is probably the wisest.  Some may be struggling with school finals about then but not me!  I grew up in these parts riding bicycles on many back country roads so let me know if I can suggest some routes or help find eateries or lodging etc.

Aelwulf

Kinda glad I'm workin' on the bike or I might've been miffed the past week or so.  Sunny my patoot. :P Below freezing when the sun's not up and not much better during the day, grey, raining and a lake now where my back yard used to be.  Meh...give me snow in Colorado.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

inanecathode

God help you its below freezing!
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.

Aelwulf

Pfft.  Below freezing hardly bugs me.  Below freezing in a house with zero insulation measures (interesting in Cali, would've thought it'd be required) and an inefficient heating system (again, thought Cali was all about environmental and energy usage requirements?) is what bugs me.  Having the garage we're using to store some things develop a stream through it because the doors are shoddy bugs me (the rental office refused to do anything and suggested we buy some sand bags).  I don't like being cold when I'm sleeping or wet (ie, rain or in the shower-snow doesn't matter) so since it's cold in the house those two things happen everyday. :P The only time it actually warms up is when the roommate's dog closes the office door when we're in there.  With 2 computers, 2 people and 1-2 dogs it warms up pretty quick in the small room.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)