MacVision...

Started by Tiger, October 04, 2009, 07:53:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) On Saturday morning my buddy Kev', (Kev10104), and his wife Tammy came over to my place to get the rear exhaust gaskets replaced on his well kept Red/White '83, due to a very slight flutter. We decided to do front and back at the same time to save any future problems at the front.

This is normally a pain-in-the-a$$ job...but man, what a reeeeeeeal bitch of a job this turned out to be!!! Everything was sooooooooo freakin' tight/seized/rusted in, etc, it turned in to a several hour ordeal to get it all off without doing any damage to the system and to remove the old exhaust ring head gaskets, especially the front two :o ::)
We eventually got the whole oem chrome system removed, as well as removing the gaskets and cleaned up all the face area's.

At this point, we talked about installing something a wee bit lighter, a wee bit faster and a lot louder!!!

So it came about that Kev's '83 left my place last night, sporting a rather "throaty" set of MAC's...leaving the "vacuum cleaner with Asama" set on my garage floor...for #16 maybe!!! :o ::) ;D :D :D :D... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)   
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

funkamongus

Nice!!!!!! MacVision it is. Congrats Kev!!!!
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

xswheels

I dunno ... not a big fan of the Mac's. I think Yamaha got it right with its stylish trumpets.

http://p1.bikepics.com/pics/2009%5C10%5C04%5Cbikepics-1796472-full.jpg

kev10104

Thank you.I loved the look of the stocks but one turn of the throttle with the macs on and I fell in love instantly.I still have a smile on my face.Thanks again buddy.