News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

First ride...

Started by Tiger, April 17, 2008, 06:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

8) Whahoooooooo, I had my first ride of 2008 today, a little over 70 mile round trip... 8) Took "The Mistress" out for her "shake down" to get rid of the winter cobweb's. She ran just great  8) The only problem I had was the temp' gauge decided not to work, for some reason...Ah well, if that is the only problem she has this year I'll be really happy!!! 

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Night Vision

I feel your pain.... flying without any of the instruments, suckz

funny.... one of my bikes doesn't have a tach or temp gauge  8)

... but once you have them.................................
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

joevacc

Congrats on the ride!!  I have got about 500 miles in so for and am finally a happy man!  :)

Many More miles to ya!
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

Tiger

8) A few more miles to-day after work... 8) Turns out the non working temp' gauge was just a loose connection ::)

:) I should have "The Canadian", my red 'n white '83, on the road this coming week... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Aelwulf

I've put about 1200 miles on in about the last 5-6 weeks, and I was gone for 10 days or so of it. :D That's on the Meanie though, if my new bearing gets here in time I may get a quick ride or two in on the Vision before I leave end of next week. :P

KJ's gauges seem to be slipping, might have to open up the case and check the connections there.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

Tanno

Riding around hasn't been too bad all winter. A little on the cool side, but not a harsh winter by any means. I've been riding my V all but about 1 month. And that was only because I had to cart too much stuff back and forth to work during that time.
Industrial Technician by trade -- Curiosity by nature, tinkerer by choice.
"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown