My Next Project

Started by YellowJacket!, January 19, 2006, 09:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

Well, the guy that GAVE me his vision just doesn't learn.  He has had a WWII Willys Jeep sitting under wraps, in much the same way he had my V, in his yard.  It is in pretty good shape and all four tires are still holding air.  It has not run in a VERY long time, but it is worth a shot.  Only problem is, the wife says I'm out if I take him up on his offer.
So, any single female V owners out there who like V's and Jeeps, I come as a package.
Hello new spring project.  :D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Mutt

Quote from: DaveTN on January 19, 2006, 09:00:30 PMOnly problem is, the wife says I'm out if I take him up on his offer.
So, any single female V owners out there who like V's and Jeeps, I come as a package.
Hello new spring project.? :D

David

"Gutsyest move I've ever seen"? :o
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

kiawrench

been there , done that , 1983 on the willy's --- old military surplus find, one quick note, once you have her ready to drive, stop, find a set of 1 inch offsets and get that wheel base wider (side to side ) by offsetting the wheels one inch on both sides, front and rear, and avoid flotation tires, use narrow tread tires .

my willy's ended upside down on new pavement, was too narrow and too tall, flipped like a cheap house .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Tiger

Dave,
? ? ? ? ?
;D "Easier to beg forgiveness,than ask for permission" :o

Go for it? 8) .? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? John.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Mutt

Quote from: kiawrench on January 19, 2006, 10:42:20 PM
been there , done that , 1983 on the willy's --- old military surplus find, one quick note, once you have her ready to drive, stop, find a set of 1 inch offsets and get that wheel base wider (side to side ) by offsetting the wheels one inch on both sides, front and rear, and avoid flotation tires, use narrow tread tires .

? ? my willy's ended upside down on new pavement, was too narrow and too tall, flipped like a cheap house .

Did it happen on "The Dragon"?  :)

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Blake

You know dave...

Tennessee isnt too far away from Blacksburg..

I could always just "babysit" that jeep for you for a while ;)

;D

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

Kevin

It's a lot easier to get an old jeep running than a old vision.Kevin

kiawrench

mutt, i flipped the jeep in 1984, in spartanburg sc,,, the narrow wheel track of a willy's has always been the downfall of the vehicle, at the time i had the factory spec set up on it, L78 x 16.5  tires from goodyear and a 6 pt roll cage made of 3 in tubing. lucky i had the cage built to go off road,,, worked like a charm . all i got was an upside down willy's ,scratched paint with a few dents and a lot of flak from my friends . personally only got a bump on head.   i was only traveling at about 25 mph, had slowed for a turn, just not enough . any way you slice it, a willy's is too narrow for it's own good--- may be why the military switched to the american general built M151 , lower and wider > still could flip on foolish drives, but was much more stable when driven as designed
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .