News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

4th Annual CROV Fall Ride Sept. 28-29-30 Motel info added!!

Started by glennw, July 26, 2007, 11:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Moffet

Quote from: trialattorney on August 20, 2007, 12:17:43 PM
Still working on the Visions; the 82 loads up at 3800 rpm and won't go over 4k;

In my case, it seemed to be the emulsion tubes being blocked.  They can be pulled from the top of the carb when you've pulled the covers off.

Brian

Tanno

I got my full fairing on. But needs attention. It's looking really good for me to make it there. My boss is being reluctant on approving my vacation. I'm trying to convince him that the factory will be okay w/o me for two weeks. We have other compentant techs... I don't know what his problem is.

Other than that major glitch, everything else is a go! ;D
Industrial Technician by trade -- Curiosity by nature, tinkerer by choice.
"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown

Ron_McCoy

We reserved a dining room at a really good Mexican restaurant for Saturday, 9-29.  The waiters even wear bow ties.

kwells

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Ron_McCoy

Bring your appetite.  The food is really good.  The restaurant is nice, but not real fancy.  The bar is good too.  The bow ties are red.  The dress is casual.

kwells

i should probably at least wear some clean underwear...

www.wellsmoto.com

Ron_McCoy

Let your conscience be your guide.....................

h2olawyer

Sounds great!  Replacement used OEM stator is charging well & I got the oil leak stopped (I think).  Found a spot where I had some gaposis between the engine & the stator cover.  Sure messed up the left side of my bike.  Even oil spots on the rear tire & wheel!

Cometic gasket must be aluminum core as there was a slight bend in it when I removed it.  Laid it flat on the concrete & it smoothed right out.  No sign of the bend.  Must have got the fuel drain hose caught between the cover & the engine.   ::)  At least that's where the gasket deformation & the leak seemed to originate.  It sits right in a spot impossible to see.

Current probability of my attending is reaching 80%!!!

kwells - if you're going out there with me you WILL wear clean underwear!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Ron_McCoy

80% it keeps going up! I hope having to be Kevin's underwear monitor doesn't lower it any.

h2olawyer

It's not so much the underwear as his gas emissions!   ;D :D ;D :D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Brian Moffet

You think clean underwear will filter it better?

Tanno

"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown

supervision

" border="0

h2olawyer

Now she wouldn't need underwear to travel with me!   ;D

H2O

kwells

www.wellsmoto.com

glennw

Bump.. Motel info added to the original post..
Can we firm up who is coming ?   

GlennW  ;D
Half Mad Max

Tanno

My vacation is approved!! Now, it's just getting the monies together before time to leave. :-[

Aelwulf

Getting the time off would be iffy but still need to see as just started shifts.  Gas money MIGHT not be an issue, hotel money might be.  Won't know until end of this week earliest.  Main concern is if the bike craps out, it's been acting ornery and making a sound or two I'm not the biggest fan of.

Edit: I just did a mapquest and it looks like it's only about 160 miles from me, 2.5-3 hours.  Since in CO I would've likely gone up to Denver withit making the occasional start clunk as it is (did once on accident before leaving) and it's about $35 in gas those won't be issues.  I'll check with my shop chief to see about the time off bit.  As of yesterday the biggest detractor could now be my truck.  I just had to spend about $2,500 to get the tranny rebuilt after the trip (which I knew was comin') but it's not fixed the problem it's having which I'm not happy about.  So we'll see what the dealership says tomorrow since it's now under warranty.  If it costs anymore I'll have to twist the wallet to get repair money.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

Tanno

Quote from: Aelwulf on September 02, 2007, 10:18:31 PM
If it costs anymore I'll have to twist the wallet to get repair money.

You mean to make a 'rat tail' to pop the dealer's a$$! ;D

Aelwulf

Quote from: Tanno on September 03, 2007, 08:41:24 PM
Quote from: Aelwulf on September 02, 2007, 10:18:31 PM
If it costs anymore I'll have to twist the wallet to get repair money.

You mean to make a 'rat tail' to pop the dealer's a$$! ;D

Exactly. ;) When they looked at it today though they said some reminaing residue/stuff from before they fixed it that was left over got in the valves so they have to clean out the valves and such.  It'll take a day (which means can't get until Friday due to work) but I don't have to pay anything if that's all it is.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)