AZrov fall ride

Started by Rick G, August 05, 2008, 04:11:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VisionMeister

I'm going to have to pass on this ride.
Too soon after the broken leg to make such a big trip.
Hope to see you guys in the Spring.

Rick G

We will miss you , perhaps in the spring ride I (we)  will go to Jerome!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

visionless

I'm in as well. Will be riding over on Friday, hopefully with a new group of guys from Tehachapi in tow.  Still no fairing for the Vision and buzzing down I40 like that doesn't seem appealing, so I will be on the Katana.
          Chris
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

Rick G

The Kanatuna is a good long distance ride , but its no Vision!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   Sounds great , I will be looking forward to seeing you and any one who comes! ;)
Rick G
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

visionless

I just recieved a sport fairing. ;D Needs a little work, but maybe I'll be able to make it on the Vision after all.
       Chris
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

Rick G

So far when have 6 or 7 counting me . I'm going to Pm my cell number to those Visionaries, who expressed interest. 
I'll post the phone number  of the motel 6 on Beal street , that The CArov stayed at in '05  , although we can do much better, than the Calico restaurant next door. We have a buffet  The Golden Corral , that is very, good  also Chueys mesqiete grill for Tex Mex or Humbertos for Mexican food.  All with in a mile of each other. 
Rick G

glennw

I'm almost ready.. new paint.. ;D new seat.. ;)
...alas the same old fart riding it.. :-\
GlennW
Half Mad Max

h2olawyer

I'm going to have to reluctantly say I'm definitely out for this ride.   :'(  Still too many little details taking care of dad's estate matters.  Should have the decks clear for the spring CROV ride!  Y'all have fun!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Rick G

H2 , I was sorry to hear that on the phone during the week, perhaps for the spring ride , if it doesn't conflict with the CArov ride . I just know i'll meet you in person some day! ;D ;D ;D
Rick G

h2olawyer

Oh yeah, I'm sure we'll get together in the not too distant future.  Even if I have to go on a solo ride to get there, plan on either next spring or late summer / early fall.  Wish i could go this time, but home duties are just too great at present.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Rick G

Ok Guys, we are a little over a week away. I promised to post the Motel 6  phone number  and I'm sorry, I'm a bit late.  The third annual Kingman Street drags are this week end , so jump on your reservations RIGHT NOW. 
Motel 6 on Beale  street (the one that The CArov  used in '05 )  is 928 753 9222,   the one on Andy Devine,  is 928 757 7151,  This one is closer to me , as is the Super 8 928 757 4808. 
The one on Beale St is right next to the Street Drags and traffic will be bad (relatively ), this isn't Phoenix) LOL.  Theres also the Silver Queen (928 757 4315)  I've never stayed there , but I see bikes there all the time. The off ramp for the last three is Andy Devine ,  The first one use Beale st.
I'm trying to move this to the top , incase anyone needs the info.
Rick G

Rick G

We had a pretty good rain storm today, rained hard for about 30 min. , then sprinkled off and on for the rest of the day. Nothing you couldn't ride in tho.  Its supposed to be clear on the week end .
Rick G

Rick G

I just received a request from several visionaries , that I postpone the AZrov fall ride , so I am going to  honour that request , The ride will occur  on October 4/5  , in two weeks . If anyone has Don Minor's phone number , please Pm it to me , as I can't find it. 
Perhaps this delay will allow more Visionaries to participate!
If anyone is planning to attend please PM me .
Rick G

Ron_McCoy

See you there!  ;D  ;D  ;D

glennw

with my Vision (silver) bells on... ???
;)
Half Mad Max

richuncleskeleton

Hello, this is Matthew McCoy (Ron's son) Forgive my off-topic post. I'm demonstrating a familiarity with threaded discussion for an assignment in a teacher education class. 
Thanks!

Ron_McCoy

Perhaps you should mention a familiarity with Arizona or Kingman since you have been there several times.

Rick G

Don Minor and Professor Rex can't make it , on the new date . I hope to see them in the spring tho. the weather has been fairly hot in Kingman , around 93 /96 . Nights are cool tho.  Temps up on the Mugillon Rim (pronounced mugeeyawn)  are pretty nice , around 78.  We've had a few rain storms pass through , but like most rain in the desert there hit and miss. They can miss you by a mile or so. Here in this area they will even loop around and come back from the opposite direction. Its getting late in the season for rain anyway . I've been caught out in the rain , but this isn't Oregon , it seldom amounts to more than a few drops on the windshield.
Rick G

Coil Coyle

Rick,

I was in the middle of swapping out an engine when moving my step daughter turned into a two week wrestling match with the ECM and sensors on the Oldsmobile after the fan clutch slipping overheated the engine.

The Olds is running like new again but with the time after work that troubleshooting and repairing that took me the engine swap is not going to be done tonight. To quote Ron McCoy; "I don't do all-nighters any more".
;D
       Mid morning Friday I should be on the road and I'm coming the low mileage route down I-5. So I should show up Saturday evening and join y'all for dinner.

Hussein bent the first gear shift fork when it fell over while in first gear so I'm putting the engine from the bobber in until I get a shift fork repair done this winter.

See Ya soon,
;)
Coil

Coil Coyle

Rick,

I'm heading out now, call my cell phone 707-975-5248 and leave a voice mail to tell me where everybody will be Saturday afternoon. Maybe I will be able to intersect your ride?

See Ya'll
8)
Coil