MPG question

Started by Rocket Guy, November 09, 2005, 07:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Guy

Is anyone getting the fuel economy indicated in this road test?

http://ridersofvision.net/Technical/Road_Test/roadtest.html

I am getting a little over 40 MPG.  My bike runs great and the plugs are light tan so I don't think it is running rich.

MotorPlow

When I first bought my bike, I was getting just under 50mpg, but I was babying the bike then. I have since learned that this bike can take some abuse and it is really fun to ride up above 7,000rpm. So.... My bike gets just above 40mpg, now.

vavision

I get about 52 on mine. However, half my tank on every tank is on the freeway doing 70. I don't know if that helps or hinders.
It's not about living, it's about living well. Enjoy each moment.

zore

I can't get any more than 43 with the MACS.  I was getting 46 with the stock exhaust.  I was hoping it would get better than the 53 to 55 I'm getting with the Triumph and 55 to 58 I'm getting with the duc.  Oh well.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

Superfly

Not the way I ride her!

But she still gets 45-50. (freeways)
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

h2olawyer

Freeway or other highway riding - at least where sustained speeds of 55+ can be maintained is where mine gets its best mileage @ 50+ MPG.  Normal riding around town, I get about 45MPG & when I'm having 'too much fun' in the twisties, it drops to about 40MPG.  Sure beats my pickup!

H2O 
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.