News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Hey Everyone

Started by Drikk14, July 26, 2012, 11:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drikk14

Hey all I am a new owner of a 1983 XZ550. She was assembled in 10/82 and is fairing-less. My wife actually found the bike on craigslist and after looking at the pictures I fell in love with it. I went down to "look" at the bike with full intention of buying her and now she sits in the garage. I want to thank everyone for all the guides and tips on the site as I've used them to help my limited knowledge to fix/clean/modify my bike. Just wanted to say introduce myself and I'm sure over the next few months you'll see me posting in the tech section a lot.  ;D
1983 Vision, Work in Progress

shep1

Welcome Drikk14..Congratulations on your vision purchase..Many here to help if needed..sections for parts as well..Send us a picture in gallery when you have time..

Drikk14

Actually here is the Craigslist ad for it

http://maine.craigslist.org/mcy/3126797532.html

He had his niece post it for him that is why it is labeled as a 84 ZX. She definitely doesn't look like that now. She is torn apart in the garage. Cleaned the carbs reassembled and she cranked but didn't start so I started tearing her down again and replacing things
1983 Vision, Work in Progress

shep1

Sounds like you are busy on it now..As you know many here to help..keep us up to date. parts available as well..

Tiger

Hi and welcome... 8)

A few bits and pieces missing...full fairing, OEM headlight bracket, mirror, footpeg rubber, etc, etc. However, you have a good base to start from...many Vision's we see, come here in far worse states and eventually become star rides for their new owners. Time, elbow grease, T.L.C. and a few $$$ will see that old girl giving you a lot of pleasure 8)

8) ....... TIGER ....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!