News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Introducing METALIC CHARCOLE Cafe Vision

Started by Lucky, March 21, 2008, 08:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

Tons more to do, & i know i said cosmetics were last but...  I'm impatient at heart, i really haven't even finished the body work on the tank & tail, but so what...  ::)

the color is a Rust-oleum metallic automotive spray bomb. (yea, i know, but i did also say this was a minimal expenditure project) at +$5 a can.  i sprayed some on a stir stick last night, & dipped it in my gas tank today.  it softened the paint just a little, good sign since i used tested it on wood, with less than 24 hours dry time...  next i have to give the stick several days to dry & try to find a clearcoat that will also be fuel proof (resistant?)

the color is slightly darker than the Star silver (sorry H2O) with less 'blue'. you can see the difference with the original colored panels under the seat & covering the TCI.  i actually like it better, it looks more...masculine to me

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Walt_M.

Looks good. Happy to see you left the 'Marvin-the-Martian' lights off the tailpiece.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Ron_McCoy

supervision

The cleaned off tail section is smoooooth!!!
" border="0

Tiger

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

h2olawyer

Looking great, Lucky!  No apologies necessary about the color -- It'll still be FAST!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Rick G

Looking good ! :D   try some of your Ace clear lacquer , if it doesn't curdle  the paint , your all set.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Night Vision

that tail does look clean... too bad you have to hang a plate from it  :(

hey wait, what if you get one of those hunt'n license tag holders that pin to your jacket?

umm, never mind... it wouldn't be lit up  :-\
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

supervision

Lucky, how bout one of those modern fender hugers, that would keep it clean of road debri
" border="0

Kevin

The tail piece looks great. I'm going to try and copy your style.

YellowJacket!

Looks good....cant wait to ride chase again.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

zore

I think the color looks great.  Triumph calls it Graphite.

1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

Lucky

wow! i just had an accident in my pants....   :o

YellowJacket!

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Kenny

Lucky, looks neat with nothing hanging off the back end,
                                                                               although I sure wouldn't want to follow you in a rain storm!   ;D
                                      Cheers Ken S.
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

jasonm.

Lucky, IMHO painting the rear piece is the best thing anyone can do for the appearance of an '82.  It sands smooth rather easily. Wish I still had my '82.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

rayspooner

Looks really nice ! By the way, what's that round headlite from originally ?

Lucky

The headlight & bucket came off an RZ350.  not all the wires fit in the bucket, but most of them did.  it mounted right up to the Visions ears.

williamruck

I really like the look of that did the headlight just mount right up or was there some modding needed?

EH

Nice work Pete. I have a chromed steel rear fender from a 500 Virago that I was going to fit to my Vision. The rear turn signal mounts on the Vision frame are in the way though. I noticed that you have cut them off on the Cafe Vision. You are welcome to the fender if you want it.