motorcyclist offers apology to D.U.M.B. ........

Started by vadasz1, August 05, 2012, 09:14:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vadasz1

Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

YellowJacket!

Yeah, its a shame.  Every "close call" I have had was with a distracted driver. 

Yesterday was no exception, however, I was in my cage and quick to call 911 before someone got killed.  I was on my way home from work and the car in front of me was drifting side to side, slowing down and speeding up.  At first I thought "drunk" and was far enough back to flash my lights at oncoming traffic and the driver as they approached a major intersection.  No brake lights, no attempt to stop, just a quick left turn across two lanes of oncoming traffic!!!  Skids and smoke but fortunately no collision.  As she made the turn I could see that she had her phone planted agianst her ear and was completely oblivious to what she caused.  Now on a two lane, she continued to drift over the double yellow into oncoming traffic so I got on the horn and lights as we approached another intersection.
It was another left turn that she took from the inside lane and then cut to the outside lane and cut two cars off and almost sideswiped another...again totaly oblivious!
Just before the turn for my neighborhood I could see the blue lights coming from in front and behind.  I told the 911 operator which car I was in and that the white volvo to my right was the one causing the problems.  Thanks to the nice officers who finally pulled her over before she killed someone.
Not the first time I've done that and certainly won't be the last.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)