Main Menu

WOO HOO

Started by h2olawyer, October 02, 2007, 12:38:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

h2olawyer

The Rockies made the postseason!!  Guess winning 14 of 15 to finish the season makes a difference.  Only fitting the final game takes 13 innings to decide & the winning run may have been a 'questionable' call.

I've been on their bandwagon since they started play in 1993 & this group of players really defines "team".  Now for the Phillies - who the Rockies have a winning average against this year.

Tulowitzki for NL Rookie of the Year!
Matt Holliday for NL MVP!

Had to release some energy.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

that's momentum for ya...
go cubbies
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

Until Colorado got a team, the Cubbies were my favorite.  Would be rooting for them if the Rockies hadn't made it in.  Still hope they make it to the NLCS.

Would enjoy a Rockies - Red Sox World Series.   ;D   8)

But for now, there's unfinished business - beating Philly!

H2O

If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Lucky

Quote from: h2olawyer on October 02, 2007, 02:39:35 AM

Would enjoy a Rockies - Red Sox World Series.   ;D   8)

H2O

I'm still celebrating the last one!
Go Sox! :>
www.metacafe.com/watch/20897/red_sox_mastercard/
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

haunter

Quote from: kwells on October 02, 2007, 12:40:32 AM
that's momentum for ya...
go cubbies

exactly!

and screw the red sox, they won recently, its our turn damnit!
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

YellowJacket!

And of course....Where did Todd Helton go to school?  ;D

I knew Todds grandfather quite well from my job in a doctors office.  So well in fact, that he gave me a genuine Sammy Sosa rookie card!  I still have it too.  ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

h2olawyer

I believe Mr. Helton was backup QB to some guy named Manning (or something like that) while at Tennessee.  Loooks like they each chose the right sport for themselves.

H2O

Sable

I gotta laugh that the Mets choked and lost the division to the Phillies in the final game of the season.. AND the wild card along with it.

Being that I live in New England, I just got one thing to say....

Go Yankees!!!

~John
  (originally from Jersey)
1982 Yamaha Vision
1982 Motobecane 50V
1975 Kawasaki H-1
1972 Rokon Trailbreaker

h2olawyer

Designated hitter - what a sham!  Takes away lots of strategy late in games & makes the AL pitchers seem wimpy.  Poor babies can't hit for themselves.  One of the worst rule changes ever introduced into any major sport.   ;)  They need to raise the pitching mound to where it was in the 60s and before as well - that goes for both leagues.

The only thing I can think of that might be as bad for baseball would be instant replay.  I say that even after the Rockies had 4 home runs turned into ground rule doubles by umpires who didn't see the ball go over the fence & back into the field.  Glad it only cost them one game.

H2O

h2olawyer

HOW 'BOUT THEM ROCKIES!!!!!!

The Kid Rocks over the Baby Backs in 4 straight.   ;D

Undefeated so far in post season.  Sweep both the Phillies & D-Backs!  Bring on the AL!  Rockies were one of the few NL (only?) teams with a winning record against the AL this year in interleague play - including a sweep of the Yankees!

Fuentes had to make it scary in the 8th, but Corpas saved it again.

Oh man, is this fun!  Ranks right up there with the Avalanche winning a couple of Lord Stanley's Cups!  The Bronco's Super Bowl wins were nice, but this late season run is pure magic.  I thought they might be pretty competitive next year, so this is truly unexpected which makes it even sweeter.   :)

H2O

YellowJacket!

Congrats!

I'll have to root for the Rockies since Todd Helton is a TN boy.   ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

inanecathode

Dude, fuentes sucks.
I have distict memories of hurdle putting him in and him promptly ruining the game.
Makes all us sidearms look bad :(
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

h2olawyer

Fuentes goes great for a few games, then has an explosion.  His problems in June, when he blew all those saves in a row were from an injury he didn't want to admit.  As an 8th inning guy, he has succeeded well - I just wish Hurdle would give him the hook just a little earlier when it's obvious he isn't "on".  When he's got his stuff going, he is unhittable.

H2O

Lucky

I'm now worried that the Red Sox might have to change their slogan to:
"Live Healthy, It's Only Once In A Lifetime"

Where's the sweating smily face??  :'(

h2olawyer

I'm rooting for the Sox, Lucky!  But, it will be tough to win 3 straight against the Injuns.  Just remember what the Sox did to the Yankees a couple years ago - it can be done & from an even deeper hole!

That said, I thought Manny 'posing' after hitting his meaningless home run was a bit uncool.  More of a timing thing.  If the run had been important - like to tie or take the lead, then he could be excused for it.

H2O

Lucky

yeah, that was a bit showy, but there could me more to the story than we're aware of...

h2olawyer

On a Denver talk radio show (not normally sports, but it is Rockies Fever) this morning, I heard a great idea.  If the Indians end up in the World Series, John Elway should throw out the first pitch @ Coors Field.  I can just see the Cleveland fans throwing beers, chairs, anything not nailed down at their TVs.  (At least everyone there who remembers "The Drive" from 1986.   ;D )

H2O