News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

lets show the Northern Contingent how its done!

Started by Rick G, March 08, 2009, 11:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwells

yah...I'm a left wing terr*rist.   
I guess I'll be bringing my fast bike then.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

inanecathode

Lol well. I'm an organized anarchist then
I'll bring my molotov cocktails and gas masks :)
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Rick G

Inane , actually , your side arm will be acceptable, here in AZ. This is the old west not the middle east.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

h2olawyer

As long as you're out in the county around here, carrying an unconcealed firearm is actually somewhat common.  Lots of pickups with gun racks.   ;D   Not that normal around town.  I now have a different method of carrying my bang sticks around, but my old Toyota pickup had a rear window gun rack that was normally in good use.  I now keep them in their cases on the floor of the rear seat in the F250 when I'm headed out to make some fun noise (once or twice a year).

Quote from: funkamongus on April 17, 2009, 09:22:11 AM
lol,, according to DHS,, anyone who is concerned about anything is an extremist.. Maybe their right,, I certainly feel like one now the the left wing has been pulled so far to the left.. even if you were center before,, youre FAR right now...I was on the right before,, Im off the table now...

Quite true.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

funkamongus

gonna try to make this one and the tehachapi run with XVision too.. We'll see how it works out.. I have 2 friends that may join in..
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

arthurdent510

Well, just confirmed with the parents, that is the weekend that they'll be in town.  So I'll have to skip it this time...  maybe next time...   :'(

Rick G

I'm sorry you can't make it,  there will be a fall ride , but I'm not sure to where yet. Maybe Prescott or Jerome.
Rick G
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

funkamongus

I own:

Rick G

Rick G

funkamongus

ok challenge accepted!! A Fall ride it is.. (hopefully that will give enough time)
I own:

Rick G

You shouldn't have much trouble getting people to ride in the California mountains in the fall!!!
Rick G

funkamongus

I hope its easy to get people into it!!! It sure is nice riding around here.. I feel sorry for anyone who hasnt seen it... when they talk about Gods country... they must mean Tahoe... At the very least, they must mean the Sierra's. Lots of rides around here!! A person could ride a different way every time and still have a lifetimes worth of roads to see within 1 day, or an overnights driving distance... We'll see how it goes!! Between now and then,,, I'll be "chumming" the site with Tahoe pictures!!!!! Im hoping for a "fall feeding frenzy"!!!!
I own:

Coil Coyle

Rick,

I'm not going to be able to come this time. I've got a mechanic off with health problems so my Lead Mechanic and myself have to split the two weekends, only one of us at a time.

He's going to ride with the Oregon Vintage Motorcycle camp out on the same weekend as your ride so I've got to cover that weekend here at the plant.

I'll make it down later in the summer.

Have fun,
;)
Coil

h2olawyer

Well, I am finally getting the V out of it's winter slumber.  This has been a crazy spring.  The days I could get the bike out have been bad weather and the rest of the time, life and other interests have taken precedence.

I have a new stator & R/R installed with less than 200 miles on them so far.  Won't have the 83 carb conversion completed for this trip.  Still need to rebuild the starter.  It's still working, but it is having 'issues'.

Still not sure if I'll truck it in or ride.  If I was 95% positive the stator issue is fixed, I'd ride.  However, for this distance and a first long trip on the 'fixed' charging system, I should take a spare stator - which I currently don't have.

To the rest of the CoROV attending - we need to touch base to see about a Motel room or two in Kingman.

Looking forward to this!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Rick G

Rick G

h2olawyer

That is Memorial Day weekend.  Hope the traffic won't be terrible.  I plan on avoiding the interstates - at least until Flagstaff.  I'm also planning on being on 2 wheels for the entire trip.  Need to plan the route so I can find a campsite someplace around 1/2 way.

Will carry a spare charged battery in case my stator dies along the way.  If I can ride with Inane, I'll be able to have a mobile charger so we'll just have to stop to swap batteries from time to time.  That said, I do believe I have the stator issue sorted out (at least for now). My last stator went a total of 2500 miles - 1500 of that was with a new R/R, but that fried and I was charging @ 18V.  When I swapped back to the previous R/R, I got the typical 1000 miles.  Looks like there was some sort of internal problem with the previous R/R (which I swapped at the same time the first stator died).  I ran all the tests on it & it showed no faults.  I plan on putting on a couple hundred miles in the next week (if the weather cooperates).  Need to get some saddle time in before taking off on a long ride.

Wanted to stop over @ Natural Bridges National Monument for some telescope time, but I'd rather not take the extra time this trip.  Will try to get down there in October or November when the temps cool down there again.  Supposed to be really dark there.   8)

H2O

Rick G

On my trip to Morongo, I carried a battery charger in my saddle bags, But the problem was with the volt meter .
Rick G

inanecathode

funkamongus

We're still day to day, but trying to make it....
I own:

inanecathode