OnROV Summer ride

Started by wolf, May 24, 2007, 04:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) Wolf will have his "new arrival" on show...a near road worthy '82 8)

Who else for the show... ???

Where is Brian Mathewson, Fiddlestick's, Rob_os2, Budda, etc... ??? ??? ???

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

wolf

Things are shaping up nicely for the summer ride, Aug. 3, 4, 5 etc.---Saturday for the Lake Huron/ St.Clair River roads, and Sunday for Lake Erie, Port Stanley area.
So far we have Tiger and Barry from near Toronto, Katdiva and friend from Michigan, wolf and Sid from here...any one else ready to vrrooom out here?
The weather has been perfect--cool and sunny, with enough wind to make it interesting.
............the blue blue Inland Seas await.....

Brian_Matthewson

Wolf...
I'm going to have to pass on this ride. Still checking out the shoulder for longer rides, don't have a windshield yet...a little too far, too soon!  :-[
Looking forward to Syracuse tho'!  ;D
Brian
1982 Vision rider from 1991 to 2012.

fiddlesticks

Not knowing yet. Sounds like a good ride though. Depends on our sheddy.
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"

Tiger

:) Here we are at Sunday evening and I'm already looking forward to Friday's run to "Wolf's Retreat"...The "V" hasn't even cooled down yet from todays ride...A 90 mile round trip for "Brunch"... ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Cdnlouie

Hey everyone, just got back from the East Coast (New York, Vermont, N.H., Maine, New Brunswick and PEI).  Awesome trip! I am still doing laundry and catching up now.  I am sorry that I cannot make this weekend as that is a beautiful area to ride in.

Much appreciation to Wolf for organizing and hosting, will miss you all.

wolf

....Sailing,sailing over the bounding main...calling all visionaries bound for the OnROV this weekend---bring your passports or other suitable ID!!
Let's face it, it's going to be a hot, HOT ride...so here's the plan. We're going to stick as close as possible to the lakes and rivers, so we will catch all possible breezes and cool off with lots of stops. I take it most riders are coming on Friday evening?? Lots of room. 
Saturday---pancake ,bacon and cherry breakfast here (local specialty)--then off EARLY, say 8 or 8:30 and ride while it's still cooool....Then to the lake&woods.
Mid day should find us downriver near Sombra.
Time to park the bikes and hop on the ferry to Marine City Michigan and some serious chilling in one of the lunch spots by the American side of the St.Clair  ( over a mile wide at that point---this is a BIG river even though it only runs 40 miles or so)
As things cool, we'll continue the ride into the evening.

Brian_Matthewson

If you're going into the US, you GOTTA get out-of-country medical coverage!!
A few days in a US hospital can bankrupt you if you don't have it. When my dad was in Florida, he broke his hip and the operation was $50,000 ($75,000 Can at the time).
This guy can get you coverage cheap & fast raybattiston@on.aibn.com
Just my $.02
Brian
1982 Vision rider from 1991 to 2012.

wolf

Good idea,Brian. A lot of benefit packages do have short term out of country coverage, I know mine cover me for sixty days.
Kenny and Dorothy--it would be fantastic if you could join us!!
We are in Watford, about half way between Sarnia and London,just off the 402.
Send me a pm for phone numbers,directions,eta,etc.

Cdnlouie

Good point Brian on medical coverage.  Another smart option is passports for the US.  Get them now for the Syracuse trip in the fall.  You have to do it sooner or later, of course it is too late for this weekend but it is really important if you want to cross into some fine New York and MI, USA riding.  I met lots of Americans who forgot their birth certificates and did not have passports this summer so they could not trip across the border to some nice spots on the east coast.  It is a joy restriction  :'( for us road wanderers if you don't have a passport.

Night Vision

I hope you're passport processing is quicker than ours. they say 6-8 weeks... lots of disappointed travelers had to cancel honeymoons and such because they ran more like 12 weeks....but that was before they got a 2 million application log jam...   :o
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Tiger

:) WoooooooHoooooooo, The OnROV rides again... 8) 8) 8)
Wolf,
I'll be coming down on Friday with...Goldwing Barrie, Lil'Blaster who has my old '82 "Black Panther" and one possible on a Magna :o. Leaving here around 1 p.m. and given its a long weekend, we should be with you 6 p.m...'ish. So a def' three. Regarding going Stateside...Barrie's passport has expired and Art' may have a problem getting over the border  :-[ :-\ . KatDiva and Mick can't make it :(

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Tiger

8) Wolf,
There WILL be four of us coming down on Friday... 8) 2 x Vision's & 2 x Honda's!!!

8).......TIGER....... 8)

wolf

Here's wolf's holiday401madness (...now the busiest highway in North America,dubious distinction) avoidance scheme, starting from the Connestoga Expressway in Kitchener:
7/8 west to Shakespeare,south on 107/59 past Tavistock to 28, west on 28 to Uniondale, south on 119 to Medina,west on 25/16 to Bryanston, short jog south on 23, west on 16 through Ilderton and Coldstream to Poplar Hill, west on 22 to the Watford turn off, hwy.79,south 4 miles.Wolf's private road---little patrolled,two hours max from Kitchener.
This is a pleasant route to Canada's deep south--mint juleps and ice cold wobblies will be a waitin'...

Tiger

:) That is, more or less, the route I'd planned... ;) Don't know about the minty thing's but keep a 24 of wobbly pop on ice...please 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Tiger

??? Anyone else from my region wanna join our wee caravan on Friday for the ride to "Wolf's Retreat and Rideaway... ??? ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D...Let me know and where you wanna meet up... 8)

8)........TIGER........ 8)

Kenny

Hi John & Crew,
   I'm sorry we are unable to attend the Wolf's weekend festivities, due to work commitments. I'm hoping for another time as I would like to ride down that way!
                          Have Fun Ken/Dory S. ;)
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

Tiger

Quote from: Kenny on August 02, 2007, 02:10:27 PM

I'm sorry we are unable to attend the Wolf's weekend festivities, due to work commitments.                           Have Fun Ken/Dory S. ;)

:'( Aaaaw, thats a bugger. I was looking forward to meeting/riding with you guy's again...Ner' mind...See you in Syracuse maybe ??? ::)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Tiger

:) We're on our way... 8) 8) See ya soon 8) 8) 8) 8)

wolf

Wow---a grrreatt weekend,guys---thanks so much for coming down! Great ride,great friends---it doesn't get better.
Glad everyone made it home safe--see you all in the fall!!