News:

Main Menu

Donkeys in the desert

Started by Rick G, May 02, 2008, 02:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick G

Don Minor left Kingman, about an hour and a half ago, he stopped in on his way to the CAROV ride.  He arrived at 5:30, so we went for a ride down old 66 to Oatman.  Hes now a fan of "my" road. Oatman was closed , so we sat and BS a while and then started back as it was getting dark.  A mile or two  past the point where you come out of the canyon , in pitch darkness , some shadowy figures appeared in the darkness , right on the road and we had to get on the brakes hard!  It was a herd of wild donkeys standing in the road looking stupid !! :o :o :o :o :o
After checking to see if we needed fresh underware ,we continued to  Kingman and a fine dinner at the Golden Corral.
it was great to have another Visionary stop by, I'm looking forward to the first week end in June.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

kwells

damn donkeys will get you everytime

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Lucky

Wrong kind of ass in the dark Rick!  ;D ;D
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Brian Moffet

Who remembers the cow a couple of years back on the CROV?   We came around a corner, and being sort of toward the back, I noticed peoples brakes going on.  Turns out a cow was standing on the side of the road looking as if it was going to cross.  This was a mountain road....

Donkeys, eh?  Hmm.. 

Brian

h2olawyer

I remember the cow.  Caliente - Bodfish road.

So far around here, no donkeys but I've seen deer, elk, moose (for those of you in Sweden, elk & moose are quite different), and even a wild turkey (feathered - not potable) in the road.  Domesticated animals include horses, cows & meadow maggots.  No matter what the animal, rest assured, their droppings are slippery!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

supervision

I remember don minor! that's enough of a brain twister, right their! 
" border="0

Coil Coyle

Quote from: supervision on May 02, 2008, 09:23:52 PM
I remember don minor! that's enough of a brain twister, right their! 
Winnebago like BMW, sideways, motor roaring, crossed up? That Don Minor?

;D

Coil

h2olawyer

When I rode with him the general description fits except he was riding a Venture!   ;)

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Rick G

Yep thats Don,  During the fall  '05 CArov ride in Kingman ,I would notice a tiny headlight  far behind  and in a flash, Don would appear beside me, down shift and disappear over the horizon ahead. And I was doing 90!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

supervision

The nite, I joined, the gang, The Mcoy's, and H2, and Glenn, were already there, when I arived. We all had a good time over Mcoy's dinner, and then the rest of the people, Branches, Brian, and Dminer, showed up.  We stayed up late and had a major, fun time.
" border="0

Ron_McCoy

Missed you at the ride this weekend !

supervision

Yea Ron, I missed you guys too.   On a brighter note, I have a ticket to see, Government Mule, June 27th, in Murphy's Ca., so I am having a little fun.
" border="0