News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Another New Vision

Started by h2olawyer, March 01, 2006, 01:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

h2olawyer

Here's a Vision I like better than the Tank brand.  Although the fuel tank fairing area is kind of klunky, it has some neat ideas.  Victory made it & it's just an engineering exercise.  Won't be available as a retail model anytime soon - if ever.  I've seen it on a couple of the cycle shows on Speed Channel.  Has an 800cc parallel twin (again no V-twin  :'( ) with a CVT (Constant Variable Transmission) - no clutch or shifter.  Radical design & at least it has a single rear shock & is shaft drive.  Also, seat height of 28.5 inches.

www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/VRA/NewsEvents/Vis800SurvLink1.htm

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Mutt

The "Original Vision"....always imitated, never duplicated. I think Yamaha had it right the first time!? :)

Good thing they put the handle bars on there so you know which way to mount it.? :P

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Lucky

I'll give them points for innovation, but not the transmision.. half the fun is shifting, & that won't be something you can fix on a bench...

i don't think i'm too thrilled about a fuel bladder behind the ft wheel either.. :o
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

visionless

I actually prefer sitting in the same time zone as the front wheel.  Call me picky.
           Chris
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

ps2/bikevision

looks more like they took the sheild off and put tires on a sled.  with all that weight in the front id hate to hit the front brakes real hard.

Lucky

i think it looks like a suit of armor laying backwards...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

wolf

hmmm...better, but odd. Looks like a bike got rammed by a snowmobile, and the sled won.
And yet...the Vision looked fairly odd back then too. But there was a reason for the design changes, and they made for a bike with serious power for its modest size, and it fit like a glove.
800cc,though, would be nice for a serious successor to the vision.