News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

out of loop for a few days

Started by kiawrench, March 03, 2007, 09:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

ok, so everytime we have something removed, Daves gall Bladder, Kia's vertibre, etc. we save the parts   Save a Vison, save a biker...

the hard part is going to be the parts or doner Visionary....
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Tiger

Quote from: Lucky on March 07, 2007, 02:57:44 PM
OK, so everytime we have something removed, Dave's gall Bladder, Kia's vertebrae, etc. we save the parts   Save a Vison, save a biker...

the hard part is going to be the parts or donor Visionary....

:-\ Hmmmm, a sort of "VisionStien"... :o Half man/half "V"... :o Hmmmm, I have lot's of Vision part's, just need a good lightning storm and.....muhahaha...its, its, its alive Egor, its alive hahahahahahaha
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Brian Moffet

Quote from: Tiger on March 07, 2007, 05:06:52 PM
:-\ Hmmmm, a sort of "VisionStien"... :o Half man/half "V"... :o Hmmmm, I have lot's of Vision part's, just need a good lightning storm and.....muhahaha...its, its, its alive Egor, its alive hahahahahahaha

"Mommy!  Daddy stopped playing with me!"

"Hmm, must need his carbs cleaned again."

;D

louthepou

;D ;D Wow, best one I've read in a long time... ;D ;D

Thanks, VR,

Lou

Quote from: Vision Rising on March 07, 2007, 05:33:44 PM

"Mommy!  Daddy stopped playing with me!"

"Hmm, must need his carbs cleaned again."

;D
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

kiawrench

well,, got released today,,, no real pain, just a lot of swelling and a headache from hell to deal with . Doc said was all easy fix, no problems, no unexpected events. i didnt keep the stuff he took out,   really not into  yukky collections, lol . ok, am off to find my recliner, and a pair of pillows to get some rest, thanks for all the good wishes and prayers, guess it helped more than we knew .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Tiger

8) Pleased to see your out and on the mend. Plenty of rest is what you need. You'll be back in the saddle soon enough... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

h2olawyer

Good to hear all went well while you were 'away'.  Hope the pain subsides soon & you can get back to being active.  Meanwhile, enjoy your recliner!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

YellowJacket!

Quote from: kiawrench on March 08, 2007, 03:15:30 PM
well,, got released today,,, no real pain, just a lot of swelling and a headache from hell to deal with . Doc said was all easy fix, no problems, no unexpected events. i didnt keep the stuff he took out,   really not into  yukky collections, lol . ok, am off to find my recliner, and a pair of pillows to get some rest, thanks for all the good wishes and prayers, guess it helped more than we knew .

Kia,

I'm really glad to hear that you are doing well. ;D  ;D  I worked with a lady that had a similar surgery and her recovery (in the hospital) was quite long.  I'm glad to hear that you are at home and feeling well.
A word of caution and advice though.  If you are going to be spending time in the recliner and/bed and are not going to be up and about as much as usual, KEEP MOVING YOUR LEGS!  If you feel ANY pain in your legs or ANY increased shortness of breath, CALL YOUR DOCTOR.  My brother in law had knee surgery before Christmas and spent a lot of time in his recliner.  He ended up wit some pain in his calfs and just thought it was cramping.  It turned out to be multiple blood clots which broke loose and went to his lungs.  It almost killed him....seriously.
So, keep your legs moving and get well soon!  I hope to get to meet you someday.

Best Regards,

David (soon to be cut on too) TN

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

kiawrench

DaveTN,
    thanks for that tip ,, and for posting it too!
  i married a nurse, my oldest daughter is a pharmacy teck in a place with sweet medical device rental section and youngest is a lic. occupational therapist.   bet i dont get time to just sit in recliner, lol .

neck isnt sore on the whole, throat is pretty bad and is realy hard to eat/drink. swallow and forget trying to cough!  but i have already started walking my street, getting a lot of leg time in,,, actually feel that decent. i have three pairs of compresion legging from my doctor too,,, sort of like really tight extra long tube socks that have multiple verticle "cables" all around, that sort of pull these things down as you walk or move legs around, this acts as a massage action when you move. did sit in warm bath for a bit with tub side whirlpool thingie on it, courtesy of a equipment loan from lil ones boss, and i have several friends that are going to keep me company during days ,so wife and kids can keep working, and so i dont get lazy and just sleep.

guess you can say i refuse to let even this keep me down-- on saturday, the two girls down the street are coming by to do a brake job on my truck, full rebuild in front rotors,bearings seals, calipers ,pads and full sys flush . They have a mobile repair truck they work from, part of a good size tourist season company,,, canadians at that,,, and good wrenches too!  just have to get with my friend from work, see what he needs in that laptop ,and then am going to supervise his dismantling my daily rider and doing the new repainting of the old girl.   wont be able to help, but can sure watch,,, he does excellent work, even without a booth,,, does auto touch up all over town on car lots,,, we have been talking about my going to work with him when i get through doctors restriction period. so guess who is going to spend his next 8 to 9 weeks or so learning a new trade?   

Friends are what make my world go round, they need help i am always there, now when i need it , they are coming out of woodwork to help out.  i never asked or expected this kind of support here at beach.
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

h2olawyer

Glad you are feeling generally well!  Surprised you don't have more neck pain.  However, not being able to swallow or cough easily can't be good.  At least that should get better soon.  Stay as active as you can but don't overdo it!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tiger

;) People in your street are probably wondering who the clean shaved guy is, coming out of your house ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D Better go re-introduce your self  ;D ;D :D :D :D.... ;)

We should all remember that... "You can always have one to many enemies, but you can never have one to many friend's"

...Speedy recovery from your northern friend's... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Lucky

Hey Kia, i hope you opted for the roller bearing upgrade so you can swivel your head easier when you do a hed check. i hear it also helps with the wind buffeting..oh wait, i forgot, you can't see over the windshield, lol

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Lucky on March 09, 2007, 10:35:38 PM
Hey Kia, i hope you opted for the roller bearing upgrade so you can swivel your head easier when you do a hed check. i hear it also helps with the wind buffeting..oh wait, i forgot, you can't see over the windshield, lol

Actually Kia, I think he meant to say TAPERED bearings.  ;D  ;D

David

Lucky

Ok, Ok, Mr Picky.. TAPERED Roller bearings. at least he got the titainum upgrade, your ditching the YIKES!
;D ;D ;D

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Lucky on March 10, 2007, 09:15:56 PM
... your ditching the YIKES!
;D ;D ;D

Yup, gonna try one of reckons. ;D

David

h2olawyer

Don't blame you - reckon's YICS units are purdy!

H2O

kiawrench

was able to , uh,, sort of,,, maybe ,,,, possibly   disregard docs orders today, needed something from store, everyone i know at work, so i hopped the V, rode out and 5 hrs later returned home to a pissed wife, two mad kids and my neighbor saying"i told him dont ride that thing" (last time i loan her my lawn mower)

V is running well, but charging weird, so am going to have to replace that darn r/r
but no damage to me , can still hear those darn metal pieces rolling on bearings ,,, wonder how long before i dont notice that ?

wonder how long before wife gives back my bike keys too!!

Night Vision

Quote from: kiawrench on March 23, 2007, 06:58:10 PM

...can still hear those darn metal pieces rolling on bearings ,,, wonder how long before i dont notice that ?

maybe they didn't pack your bearings with molly?  ::)
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Tiger

Quote from: kiawrench on March 23, 2007, 06:58:10 PM
...can still hear those darn metal pieces rolling on bearings ,,, wonder how long before i dont notice that ?

:D...Maybe you will have to re-torque yer head ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

h2olawyer

Isn't that what the bolts on the Frankenstein monster's neck were for?  Did they get the races seated properly?   ;D

Take it easy, kia.  You don't want to damage anything that might make the entire year or even longer a no ride situation.

H2O