News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Hi everyone

Started by PwrManDan, August 17, 2012, 12:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PwrManDan

Riders,

I have been stalking ROV for over a month now and joined when I needed to communicate with a member about an exhaust.

My son, girlfriend and I bought three Visions about two months ago and have been working on them as time allows.  One is currently running and the other two are being used as donors for now, but expect that they will both be running in the winters to come.

We are also currently working on a 1920's house that we demoed all the way down to the studs, which chews up available time to work on the bike.  Hopefully by winter everything on the house will be done and my energy can be devoted to the bikes.

So far I have been able to find most of my answers by searching, but I bet I will be posting from time to time with questions.  Hopefully, I will be able to post with more of a support role than a need role in time.

We are all new riders and were looking for our first bike.  We got three Visions for $900 and all that came with an 8 foot truck bed full of parts.  I had to set up a mini warehouse in the basement just to keep track of it all.  We took and passed the riders safety course and are all now legit and legal.  All we have to do is get one road worthy so we can ride around.

I am mechanically inclined, but by no means a mechanic.  So I thought I would say "Hello", and thanks for having a place to learn and enjoy the same thing that others do.

Dan

Drikk14

Welcome nice to meet you. It looks like you are doing the same as me but x3. I've yet to take my course but hope to by the middle of September. No rush though as my vision is a far sighted one atm  ;D
1983 Vision, Work in Progress

fiatracer

Good to see ya! if you ever need advice or parts look me up! Glad to help a fellow Visionary. I have brought a total of 9 back from the dead and am workin on 10! jon
Wrench it Ride it!
1982 XZ550 sport custom
1983 XZ550 full fairing
1980 GS850 bagger
1986 Trac DH 100 SuperHawk
1973 DT100
1962 Puch Sabre 50
1963 BS 7
1961 Honda Super Cub
1984 Magna V30
1982 xz550 streetfighter
1984 vf500 Interceptor
1982 GL1100 custom

Rick G

There just aren't any Visions close enough for me to buy . Originally,i had 8 and an engine . Moving all over the country forced me to reduce all but 2,to boxes of parts.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike